X-Wing 2.0 List Builder

The game we won't play if Ryan's about!

X-Wing 2.0 List Builder

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Points have been updated recently, since our last game in fact :evil: , meaning the list I last took last time is now 205 pts (therefore illegal) and the list I was planning to bring next time has increased by 23 pts (very illegal - I wasn't 23 pts short of 200 either :? ).

Whilst I understand the very logical reasoning behind being able to amend the points costs of characters and ships without releasing new cards etc, it's going to be very frustrating in terms of continuity of learning a squad if every time we play we have to change things to keep it legal and fair.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Re: X-Wing 2.0 List Builder

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:58 pm

Oh,

I'll have a look at mine later!

Where do you think the best place for finding the warnings is?
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:29 pm

I've had a look on the Fantasy Flight website, both within the community pages and the support documentation but nothing stood out. A further search in organised play indicates that they will be updating the points every January and July - so not as bad as I first thought although we'll probably only get 4 or 5 games in before each update... :lol:
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:39 pm

DaVinci's Cat wrote:so not as bad as I first thought although we'll probably only get 4 or 5 games in before each update... :lol:

That's positive
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:21 am

The following link my be of use: https://meta.listfortress.com/ The list archetypes page is an interesting read as to what's hot and what's not.

Within the site (under the list fortress tab) there are a record of lists that people have taken to local tournaments right through to the Open Series so you can see what is in vogue and what isn't in particular metas. I found this particularly useful as a starting point as the lists have been trialled by individuals who are way more into the game than I am, probably have every release from every faction and play very regularly.

In other browsing, reference last night's discussion, both Tritex Games and Chaos Cards are doing the large conversion packs (Rebel, Imperial and Scum) for £35/36.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:07 pm

Anyone else been thrown out of the app and now not recognised?
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Points update dropped yesterday. Only one of my lists is now illegal. Looks like they hit my aces hard. The one thing the faction had going for it is being eroded away. Big ships got a boost, something I'm sadly missing.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... uad-specs/
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:27 pm

Dropped the next three waves as well and looks like a busy Christmas for me.

The LAAT we've been waiting for is now September and in November there's two more. A swarm fighter half way between the torrent and a Tie, and the lighter more agile Jedi fighter. Love them but not sure if they will bring something new or just push out the older ones like they did in the films?
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:01 pm

MoodyGit wrote:Points update dropped yesterday. Only one of my lists is now illegal. Looks like they hit my aces hard. The one thing the faction had going for it is being eroded away. Big ships got a boost, something I'm sadly missing.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... uad-specs/

Many thanks for the heads-up - I'd totally forgotten about the points update. Not sure if any of mine have reduced or increased, but nothing has gone over the 200pt limit so still good to go.

From the linked article, the Slave 1 has increased in cost so I'll have to have a look and see what's affected. I quite fancied fielding 2 of them and not sure why I've started to gravitate towards Scum and Villainy :? ..
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:04 pm

MoodyGit wrote:Dropped the next three waves as well and looks like a busy Christmas for me.

The LAAT we've been waiting for is now September and in November there's two more. A swarm fighter half way between the torrent and a Tie, and the lighter more agile Jedi fighter. Love them but not sure if they will bring something new or just push out the older ones like they did in the films?

I'd noticed that they were reprinting the rules for Huge Ships - clearly they'd been snapped up quite quickly on the first round. That's probably all I'll look at upgrading at present, although I haven't looked at the release schedule to see if anything catches my eye. Probably best kept that way as well.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Next

Return to X-Wing