One complaint about this game

For all Rangers discussion

One complaint about this game

Postby TheKingInYellow » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:51 pm

So I've been really enjoying the gameplay and the overall feel of the game but one thing I find a bit frustrating about it is the map setup/scenery.

It does seem to cry out for more scenery like frostgrave. I get that we are fighting inside a ruined building or individual rooms but maybe we try and put some scatter terrain on the table?
TheKingInYellow
Lesser Pumpkin

Re: One complaint about this game

Postby Tom » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:48 pm

The outdoor bits were more covered in stuff, it's just this abbey which seems to be made up of echoing empty warehouses going by the descriptions. We should probably scatter more stuff around indeed.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:53 pm

Noooooooooooooo! The only thing my Ranger can do reasonably well is shoot, don't make it harder for him! :lol:
(Would also make it harder for the monsters, which given our records is probably a bad thing.)

I believe the scenarios in the later supplements are more 'cluttered' (I've only skimmed them so as not to ruin any surprises for me), remember this is still a basic mission in the core book for low level rangers, and by having 3-4 rangers we're playing on 'easy mode'.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby TheKingInYellow » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:13 pm

To be fair the biggest surprise for me is going to be when we aren't actually meant to go to the herb garden!
TheKingInYellow
Lesser Pumpkin

Return to Rangers of Shadow Deep