A Gathering of Heroes

For all Rangers discussion

A Gathering of Heroes

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:55 pm

https://www.modiphius.net/products/rang ... -of-heroes

Description

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. SHIPPING IS EXPECTED TO START MARCH 2024. IF YOUR ORDER INCLUDES PRE-ORDER ITEMS, IT WILL DELAY YOUR SHIPPING UNTIL THE ITEMS ARE IN STOCK.

With the evils of the Shadow Deep clawing at his borders, the King of Alladore sent out a call to every realm, a summoning of heroes to come and stand against the darkness. In truth, he had little hope that his plea would be answered, and it is true that no large armies have come to Alladore’s aid, but help has come! Mainly they came in ones and twos, or small unassuming groups, but they came. Spellcasters, mercenaries, knights-errant, desert nomads... heroes from the lands surrounding Alladore have come to stand with their brothers and sisters. Individually, they seem an insignificant force, but with their skills and special abilities added to those of the rangers, they might just tip the balance!

The 192-page hardcover Rangers of Shadow Deep: A Gathering of Heroes features:

Advanced Character Creation including new Traits and Limitations that players can use to bring greater tactical and narrative variation to their rangers.
Ten ‘Archetypes’ that players can use to create new characters, representing the heroes that have come from the lands around Alladore to join the fight against the Shadow Deep.
Collects five previously stand-alone supplements for the game: Blood Moon, Temple of Madness, Ghost Stone, Incinerator, and Menagerie.
Fifty-two unique enchanted weapons.
A bestiary featuring all the creatures from the core rulebook and all the collected supplements.
Copious new artwork from the visionary of the Shadow Deep, Barrett Stanley.
This book is not a stand-alone game. Players will also need the Rangers of Shadow Deep: Standard Edition. Together, the two books represent the entire first phase of the great war against the Shadow Deep.

You will receive the complementary digital edition immediately upon purchase.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: A Gathering of Heroes

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:11 pm

https://www.josephamccullough.com/2023/ ... sP-wxHUHC8

One of the best parts about working on this book was getting to write a bit about the lands surrounding Alladore. While this is far from a gazetteer, and there are no maps, the backgrounds of the different hero Archetypes talk about their history and the land form which they come.

When I originally talked to Modiphius about doing this book, I was worried about collecting older material that some people have already purchased. I asked if we could release the Advanced Character Creation as a separate PDF. Standing alone, it would have been the largest supplement to date. Modiphius agreed to this, but as we worked on the price, we decided to just release the whole book in PDF for nearly the same price that we would have sold just that section. So, if you already have the old material, you can just wait for release and pick up the cheaper PDF.

Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Rangers of Shadow Deep