For all Rangers discussion

After action report?

Postby Tom » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:33 am

How did it go last night?
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: After action report?

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:57 am

Ran the first mission (The Missing), scenario 1 (The Deserted Village), seeing as it was Nathan's first time with the system (and Matt took a new ranger).

And I can say that:
1. Nathan will fit right in with his poor dice rolls!
2. I should never be allowed to be the 'evil' GM/player again! The number of 20s I rolled - I almost killed Nathan's ranger with a rat, and had a good whack at Matt's!

In the end all went well, all XP events were found and completed, and only the conjurer was removed from the board (would miss next game).
I think (hope!) Nathan enjoyed it, despite the chaotic attempt at getting the game ready. ;)
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:07 am

And Nathan/Matt - did you a disservice last night - the 'halve wounds unless magic' is a special rule for the skeletal knight, not for generic undead - the 'undead' rule just means that some spells/abilities effect them more or less, depending on the wording. :oops:

Which explains why I knew I'd read it somewhere, but couldn't find it. :roll: :oops:

Made the game a bit more tense though! :lol:
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Pillbox » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:33 pm

Simon,

Thanks for running the game, really enjoyed it! However, I can not believe you supplied me with all six of your rubbish D20s!

And thank you for making it harder than it had to be. I feel my Ranger has now had a good blooding, and bragging rights for when he is down the ‘The Green Dragon’, for taking down ‘Real’ zombies.

PS For the record, those Rats were MASSIVE.
Pillbox
Pillbox
Pumpkin Soup

Return to Rangers of Shadow Deep