Age of Sigmar Warcry

Re: Age of Sigmar Warcry

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:32 pm

From the latest article it looks like the board layout is drawn randomly from a deck and the starter set includes a deck of layouts for the included terrain kits. I assume therefore that the reboxed garden of morr probably comes with it's own deck.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Yeah, one card for terrain layout, one for deployment (?) one for victory conditions and one for a 'twist'.

The Garden of Morr must come with its own terrain cards, but I wasn't sure if these other cards were extra variety in the other three types beyond the base set (like the sold separately Gang Tactics cards in Necromunda) or a the same thing as the base set for book buyers. Signs point to the latter.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Unconfirmed reports the starter will cost ~£90.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Brad85 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Darkson wrote:Unconfirmed reports the starter will cost ~£90.

Sounds about right though
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:00 am

Tantalisingly incomplete rulebook scans:

https://imgur.com/a/TTavRPh
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:10 am

From what I have seen over on Dakka it looks like they have taken bits of the Warhammer Quest, wherein you roll 6 dice at the start of the turn and you use an double, triples etc to utilise special abilities throughout the turn.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 pm

The 'Open Play rules' for one off multiplayer free-for-alls sound very club suitable.

For campaign games, individual fighter customisation is pretty light. Fighters can be upgraded with artefacts you find on random tables after fights and can gain favours that grant dice re-rolls. Most of these are expendable. For injuries they can be dead losing their artefacts with them, or lose favour, or be fine. Artefacts can't be passed around, once someone has one they won't let go. None of this affects points value and you just make up a 1000 points each battle choosing as you wish from new and old fighters. Territories gained as part of your quest progression seem to increase this budget and the underdog can expend a warband resource to boost up their budget as well.

All very streamlined but I like it. Suits what seem to be pretty quick games. Will make playing multiple games in a night much more doable as opposed to Necro where you need some significant time working out your between round purchases and then possibly some modelling before you can fight again.

Campaign progression looks like it will fairly swiftly require a second box of figures however as I make it 950 points of Iron Golems in the box. Though you might be able to recruit the monsters.
Tom

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:12 pm

Can I have a monster war band? Pretty please.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:19 pm

One thing to be said for this. It looks very much like I thought Underworlds was going to be when it was new (and turned out not to be at all thanks to the deck building hurdle), which is a game where you can sit down a new player or try a new warband on a whim, and it's just a case of grabbing the relevant cards and models and off you go you're straight into playing.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:14 pm

The dedicated site is up with a how to play video (featuring Becca Scott, for a change :roll:)

Apparently Firestorm is running demo games from this weekend according to the site

https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to Warcry