Scrappers

For any 'post-apocalypse' games we play, such as Scrappers, Gaslands, Mercs, Dark Future or others

Scrappers

Postby Ronq » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:28 am

Bought the rule book a couple of weeks ago, rules all seem quite juicy, opposed d10 rolls with various modifications for the most part.

Setting up groups seem quite good and I like the fluff presented in the rule book, will allow for good variation in gangs and some nice themes going on. Not had a chance to get through the campaign rules yet.

Published by Osprey Games so some good backing behind it, can use literally any models by the looks of it as weapons range from swords/bows to guns!

Dave, these http://shop.microartstudio.com/iron-brotherhood-http-01-2-p-381.html are the models I got for it, there is a faction that hates mutants/robots and are basically redemptionists and I think they'll go well paired with my hazmat suited guys from waste man for this group.

If anybody wants to borrow the book let me know, think Dave has dibbed it for 21st when I'm back from holiday, and we'll hopefully have a game soon after!
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Scrappers

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Nice models, should fit nicely. I've just ordered some Anvil industry stuff for a small human/synthetic crew.

I've ordered the book too!

Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Sven,

EDIT: no worries, figured it out!

Any idea where I can find model recruitment costs in the book? Page number would be handy!

Cheers,
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Ronq » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Haha, I found a list builder the other day, will see if I can get it over to you
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Ronq » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:12 pm

Links to Resources

http://www.brinkofbattle.com/ Click on Downloads and there are reference sheets for Faction Building and Quick Play Guide

Also have gang builder excel spreadsheet in dropbox if anyone wants it.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:44 am

Faust (the author) on LAF wrote:Ok, after re-reading ChaosChilds comments I see that when we revised this passage we made the mental leap from checking the difference between the checks and then comparing it to the Wound Threshold of the model. The follow text should clarify it and I will add it to our errata asap. Tell me if its more clear now.

Here's the revision we'll make to the errata doc:

"If the Damage Check result exceeds the Resistance Check by the Defender’s Wound Threshold or more, then it has been Wounded and is removed from play."
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:16 am

Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:24 pm

I forget, did you find an answer for the "round up/down" question?
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Ronq » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Darkson wrote:I forget, did you find an answer for the "round up/down" question?

Somewhere, it was round down
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Tom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:08 pm

It is in there. Pg 29 under 'ratings modifiers'.

It seems pretty together as a rules set when you grasp it all, but sweet Lord above they really needed an editor. So many times they take a couple of paragraphs to badly explain what could have been succinctly put in a couple of sentences.

Some of these traits seem bit crazy. Like the extra arms mutation which gives you the benefit about three other traits all combined into one. Gives you an extra attack, and the two weapon fighting trait (which is effectively another extra attack as re-rolling the lowest in a pick the highest dice pool is functionally identical to adding an extra dice) and effectively gives you a free armour point as you can carry an extra shield, and reduces your encumbrance problems on a bunch of equipment.

Planning my multi-limbed mutant hoard as we speak!

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of extra distance on a charge meaning that a pure melee guy can never catch a shooty guy who just keeps walking away and shooting back, but that may turn out to not be so much of an issue in the chaos of the battlefield.
Tom

Next

Return to Post-Apocalypse games