Gaslands rule reminders for me!

For any 'post-apocalypse' games we play, such as Scrappers, Gaslands, Mercs, Dark Future or others

Gaslands rule reminders for me!

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:34 am

Mainly notes for myself so I remember!

1. You don't move a vehicle until 1.7 of Movement, which is after dice rolls etc, so don't cause a collision as soon as the template is put down (you may Slide out the way for example).

2. Don't have to roll all (or any) Skid dice.

3. Shift results are used before Spin/Slide, so if using Slide/Spin those Hazard markers can't be removed this phase.

4. Spin of 0 degrees is allowed.

5. Slide after straight then spin 90 = longer distance
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Gaslands rule reminders for me!

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:39 pm

Darkson wrote:Mainly notes for myself so I remember!

1. You don't move a vehicle until 1.7 of Movement, which is after dice rolls etc, so don't cause a collision as soon as the template is put down (you may Slide out the way for example).

2. Don't have to roll all (or any) Skid dice.

3. Shift results are used before Spin/Slide, so if using Slide/Spin those Hazard markers can't be removed this phase.

4. Spin of 0 degrees is allowed.

5. Slide after straight then spin 90 = longer distance

1 Just my way of playing it. Yes you dont move the vehicle until you have placed a slide if required.
2 Correct - with a basic track like we had just roll all of them and see how it goes. In a more complex track or if you have a lot of hazards roll less (tactical driving).
3 As we played you are not able to cancel the hazard from the spin/slide. It got added on at the end.
You can shift a Hazard already on the vehicle to then add on after the spin/slide. Of course you got to have one in the first place.
Having 5 hazards on a vehicle is crap situation. Sometimes best to clear some and stay at lower gear than WIPEOUT trying to go faster.
4 Yep sort of a stupid rule. But you do gain a haazard.
5 Yep best way of getting further along the track. Of course you do end up with 2 hazards for doing it. And you have to roll equivalent of a 2 and 3 (page 12)
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:12 pm

6. If touching an obstacle at start of Attack phase, you can't shoot or make dropped weapon attacks.

7.In a multi-player game, player A collides with a vehicle from both player B and player C. A elects to evade, as does B, but C declares a Smash. B gets 1 hazard, C gets 2. How many does A get (I assume 2)?
Or is it 3 (1 for the Evade vs B and 2 for the Smash with C)?

8. A small/large burst still only has a single target, unless it has the Splash rule (i.e. Flamethrower).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Darkson wrote:6. If touching an obstacle at start of Attack phase, you can't shoot or make dropped weapon attacks.

7.In a multi-player game, player A collides with a vehicle from both player B and player C. A elects to evade, as does B, but C declares a Smash. B gets 1 hazard, C gets 2. How many does A get (I assume 2)?
Or is it 3 (1 for the Evade vs B and 2 for the Smash with C)?

8. A small/large burst still only has a single target, unless it has the Splash rule (i.e. Flamethrower).

Which is what i thought but could not find it again. page 42 additional attack rules ( why didnt they put it in the attack section?)
A colliding with B & C. very rare. Ok B&C are side by side with fronts in line. A's movement template lines up perfectly with the front of both. Two collisions. A&B and A&C so yes 3. Which would mean you wouldnt do it the first place unless you have the RAM
Yes or unless the weapon specifics say otherwise
- Small and large burst when shooting have the splash rule so hit all vehicles under the template unless specifically stating in advance rules
- Small and large burst used as dropped weapons you need to check the specifics. Usually first vehicle that touches it or it is a terrain effect.

When shooting at a vehicle and there is an obstruction the to hit roll becomes 5+ not the save.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Post-Apocalypse games