Gaslands - Rules Queries

For any 'post-apocalypse' games we play, such as Scrappers, Gaslands, Mercs, Dark Future or others

Gaslands - Rules Queries

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Question for anyone with the Refuelled Ruleset. And yes, I've checked the FAQ and looked on the forums and have been unable to find the answer.

In advanced vehicle types section, the table on page 68 summarises the vehicle special rules found on pages 69-71. All of the vehicles with the exception of Helicopters and Gyrocopters have all of the 'long-hand' rules summarised. Helis and gyros seem to be missing the 'Bombs Away' special rule from the table. Do you think this is a typo/omission from the table? It was the same In the original ruleset but the Bombs Away in the long-hand section didn't even seem to have a full entry (no bold heading etc).

There is no other way (that I can see) for either of the vehicles to 'gain' the Bombs Away special rule via Sponsors, perks or any other type of upgrade.

Thoughts?
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Re: Gaslands - Rules Queries

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:01 pm

yep it is for just them, missed on the summary.
Same as you no confirmation if yes or no anywhere.

My understanding is this.
Dropped weapons have a special rule meaning that you can only attack with a single dropped weapon once in each shooting phase, no matter how many you have fitted or how many crew you have aboard. The intention of "Bombs away" or "Junk of Trunk" is to ignore that dropped weapons specific special rule only, all other rules still need to be followed such as number of crew, ammo tokens, the weapon having been fitted to the vehicle and one crew to a weapon per phase.

so for flyboys you would have to buy extra crew to attack with multiple drop weapons.
gyro with 1 crew - 10
extra crew [1] - 4
glue - 1
oil - 2
17 cans.
can drop glue and oil in same attack
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:41 pm

Glad it wasn't just me! Clearly not many people us them as it doesn't seem to have been picked up. And that probably says something about their effectiveness. That said might be a laugh giving it a try at some point and finding out why they're not that popular.

so for flyboys you would have to buy extra crew to attack with multiple drop weapons.
gyro with 1 crew - 10
extra crew [1] - 4
glue - 1
oil - 2
17 cans.
can drop glue and oil in same attack

No nitro? Not even the suggestion of nitro. You do surprise me! :o
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri May 06, 2022 7:20 am

My books at club, so i can't check, but a comment of Facebook (in another thread about something different) says that you only roll once to Evade all incoming shots, not each individual weapon ( as in, if i shot you with a machine gun and hand gun, you only roll to evade against the total). They says it's p.33, in the blue writing.

Someone want to chevk?
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Post-Apocalypse games