Gaslands

For any 'post-apocalypse' games we play, such as Scrappers, Gaslands, Mercs, Dark Future or others

Gaslands

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:29 pm

Did anyone (Mike?) ever get this?

Thinking of taking the plunge, as it's on offer on the Osprey site, but will hold off if someone already has a copy.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Gaslands

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Did not get it.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Trelliz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:32 pm

I picked up gaslands and way too many Hot Wheels, i'm definitely up for trying it out. The post-apocalyptic tv show setup would make it great for playing shorter/varied games of an evening.
Trelliz
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:33 pm

I picked it up in the end, but haven't had a chance to do more than glance at it.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Has anyone had a chance to play this yet, and if so, what was your verdict? Only asking because I've just picked up the rules after watching too much YouTube... :roll:
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:23 am

Trelliz above was playing solo a few weeks ago to try to get the rules straight in his head (and had some nice looking converted figures), but Gary said he hasn't been back since.
If you're interested it might be worth dropping him a line (I'd say I'm still up for it, but until I can get back to committing regularly I won't).
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:56 pm

My plate is probably a little full with Walking Dead and Vanguard currently, but in principle it looks like good fun. I'd probably be willing to give it a whirl on the proviso I can make my cars out of Lego!
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Likewise, I'm a little preoccupied with The Walking Dead at present but as you mentioned, it looks fun and it might be a good pick up game every month or so. I just thought I'd have a couple of games to see if it's worth continuing before going the whole-hog and converting Hot Wheels cars. And building scenery...

I've got a fist-full of Hot Wheels if necessary (probably enough for 3, maybe 4 players) and as it's not WYSIWYG it shouldn't matter what the loadout is. I think cars out of Lego would be good - especially realistic when you crash and get wrecked; you can scatter pieces of your ride everywhere and not worry!
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:13 am

My (battered!) Dark Future box is in the club cupboard, and most of the GW plastics are in there, as are a load of Hot Wheels & Matchbox cars I collected in the olden days when I played it (30 years ago! :o :shock: :o :shock: :o ).
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:56 am

Aiming for 30 cans for a campaign start right?

Having read through the perks the one that really sang to me was Power Slide so I guess I'm going Miyazaki.

I'm thinking to start:

Buggy - Power Slide - RC Bomb Cars
Car - Front Ram

The vague theory being that the buggy can power slide shenanigans out in front and send bomb cars back to cover its tail, while ram car hangs back and does some ramming. RC Car Bombs just look silly fun and an excuse to build some tiny Lego cars.

Any comments from those who actually know what they are doing from real game experience rather than picking mental images from the book that make them cackle?
Tom

Next

Return to Post-Apocalypse games