Fallout - The Board Game

For any 'post-apocalypse' games we play, such as Scrappers, Gaslands, Mercs, Dark Future or others

Fallout - The Board Game

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:04 pm

I had a quick look at the Fantasy Flight forums and the Rules Reference following on from last night's game to try and clear up a couple of points.

Influence and Agenda Cards
: Each Agenda card in your hand is worth 1 Influence. Any thumbs up on the card face, +1 or +2, are in addition to the '1' value of the card, so we were effectively under-scoring ourselves :roll:. For example, I had had +2 thumbs up for not having any tiles unexplored, so should have had 3 Influence from that card, not the 2 we counted/thought. Not that any of this would have mattered last night as the tracker should have ended the game several turns earlier! If neither player has the required Influence, nobody wins - it doesn't matter who had the most etc - well, except for bragging rights may be...

Someone on the forum has raised the question about spending a 'dice face' but the answer was very vague and not at all clear - more research/reading the rules is required!

At least we seem to have got the combat sorted though. You can still kill enemies if they are attacking you from an adjacent section. Once you have killed an enemy, a new one of the same type spawns face-down at the nearest matching icon on the tiles - no need to track where they came from.

Shopping: Whenever you are prompted to shop, you first draw a new card into the shop (this will take the shop over the 4 items it should have), take the buy/sell/recruit action and then when resolved, discard any addition shop items to get it back down to 4.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Re: Fallout - The Board Game

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Spending a dice face (My take on it post game and re-reading rules etc):

Rules Reference Page 8 - Fight Para 4; "Resolve Survivor Hits: The survivor spends dice results to inflict hits...."
Pipe Wrench: "During a fight, if you spend a (Headshot) result, discard this card."

I read this as, if you have had to use the dice face to hit an enemy (in this case you needed headshots but could easily be arms etc), you end up breaking the weapon and having to discard the card - it's not an option.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:54 pm

That makes shopping much more viable (we barely scratched the surface of the item deck).

I think that’s what we thought with the weapons (breaking them after use) but it just wasn’t 100% clear, makes sense though.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Fallout: New California has arrived. Quite literally in fact.

The expansion looks pretty good actually. 5 new characters to play, including a Mister Handy - the figures all look very good in the flesh and probably deserve a decent coat of paint at sometime. More encounters, perks, loot and assets to add a little more variety to the current set. More enemies including level 3 Super Mutants and Deathclaws... All of this new stuff can be used in the original/standard game, so a nice bit of 'retro-fitting' from Fantasyflight.

In addition, the original 4 scenarios have been expanded (same factions and goals but with more tiles and additional cards staged), but there are also 2 new scenarios, one of which is a true Co-op where all players are trying to get Freedom to win over Security, which will be an interesting twist.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Return to Post-Apocalypse games