The New World Order - Results and Progress

The New World Order - Results and Progress

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 pm

The intention is to use this thread, as the title suggests, for results and tracking progress of each of the factions. This will include an update of the map along with a 'leader-board' to chart progress. I'll also use this thread to post up any particular campaign scenarios for upcoming rounds. The TWD Spring Campaign thread should be used for general discussion and queries.

The Campaign Initiative Order is as follows: Ray, Tom, Simon, Dave, Mike, Sven.
At the end of the each campaign turn, the initiative moves along (from Ray to Tom for week 2) one and whoever had the initiative drops to the end.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Re: The New World Order - Results and Progress

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:26 pm

The start of the Campaign Map looks like this:

20190312_223537.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:40 pm

Chapter 1: The Day after the Night Before.

Scenario attached:

Chapter 1 - The Day after the Night before.docx

Smash! Action is detailed as follows:

Smash! Actions are often required to break open locked doors, crates, safes etc. Whatever the reason for performing a Smash! Action, the method is always the same.
The object that needs to be Smashed will have a Defence value assigned to it in the same way as an enemy model. In order to perform the action, the Survivor must be in base contact with the object, and otherwise unengaged. The Survivor rolls their Melee dice, adding a red die if they have an equipped Melee weapon with the Bludgeon keyword. If the Smash! roll beats the object’s defence roll, the Smash! Action is successful.
The Smash! Action creates NOISE.

Updated Post Turn Actions:

Post Turn Actions.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:50 pm

The Campaign Map after Round 1:

20190402_210443.jpg

Some gains in the South & West and some heavy Zombie resistance in the North & East. :lol: Looks like Sven and Ray are have got designs on the same bridge-crossing...

The Leader-board looks like this (numbers in brackets are zombies killed):

FireFlys: 172 (4)
Mad Scientists: 172 (2)
Steve & The Queens: 168 (2)
GotA: 158 (2)
Serpents of Doom: 136 (1)
Creepers: 92 (?)

The match-ups for Round 2 are as follows:

The Gentlemen of the Apocalypse vs The Mad Scientists (Tom vs Ray)
The Fireflys vs The Serpents of Doom (Simon vs Dave)
The Creepers vs Steve & the Queens (Mike vs Sven)

The aim is go get these played in the next fortnight, but if they can be done next week, so much the better. I'll confirm the scenario a little later along with any specific rules, but in the meantime, look forward to reading the 'Battle-Reports' - especially those that got so close.
Last edited by DaVinci's Cat on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Scenario for Round 2:

Chapter 2 - Time to Start Scavenging.pdf

This is effectively the standard scenario to kick PvP things off proper. Location and setting is up to the pairings but limited special rules in place.
As always, any questions, just ask.

If you have already noticed, I've started the Leader-board. At the moment I'll put the weekly scores in with the updated weekly map to track progress. I'll probably also put the current leader-board in the first post for ease of reference.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:32 pm

You’re right. 3 more points for me.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 pm

The Campaign Map after Round 2:

20190416_214747.jpg

The Leader-board is anticipated to look like this (or at least by my reckoning and awaiting scores/confirmation from a few groups):

GotA: 249 (4/1)
Steve & The Queens: 235 (10/1)
Fireflys: 229 (10/1)
Serpents of Doom: 167 (1/0) ???(My calculations)
Mad Scientists: 164 (7/0)
Creepers: Creeping into 3 figures (score not crew size :lol: )

Following some serious Supply gathering (8 supply tokens Tom?!) and some properly lucky one-shot-ing (on the first turn) of the opposition, the Leader-Board has had a significant reshuffle. In the interests of keeping different opponents at this stage whilst trying to adhere to the Swiss system (Ray has been spending points on consumable items!), the match-ups for Round 3 are as follows (these may be liable to change if I've been wildly out on the scores):

Steve & The Queens vs GotA (Sven v Tom)
Fireflys vs Mad Scientists (Simon v Ray)
Serpents of Doom vs Creepers (Dave v Mike)

The mission will again be a Standard Supply Scavenge as this will likely change in next round as we get into battles over territory. Further rounds are likely to have different pairings playing different types of missions dependent upon their ranking and circumstance.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu May 02, 2019 9:34 pm

The Campaign Map after Round 3:

20190430_223015.jpg

The Leader Board is now looking like this (many thanks to everyone for the update):

Fireflys: 316 (20/2)
GotA: 293 (8/3)
Steve & The Queens: 284 (15/2)
Serpents of Doom: 201 (6/0)
The Mad Scientists: 188 (10/0)
Creepers: 130 (8/0)

After another interesting round, the Leader Board has had another good shuffle, helped by the fact that 2 crew managed to have victory ripped from their hands to force a draw on quite literally the last dice roll of the game. The GotA lost Sophia to a last minute zombie attack and the Serpents of Doom has Sandra lose her last health point on a failed Bitten roll in the very last end phase. In both cases, an all important supply counter was dropped giving a lifeline to Steve & the Queens and the Creepers respectively. A lifeline that the Creepers were unable to grasp. Having just purchased a new recruit, Mike managed to roll the magic head-shot on his bitten character in the post game up-keep - so back down to two characters, and then compounded his problems by rolling a blank for territories!

I'll pop up the match-ups for the next round following a points update from Dave; every pairing will have a different scenario with different points being available. With Sven away, there are 3 weeks available in which to get the Round 4 games played. Campaign Priority for Round 4 is: Dave, Mike, Sven, Ray, Tom, Simon.

The Supply deck can now be expanded - I'll indicate which additional cards can be added to the deck (if players wish) in the TWD Spring Campaign Thread.

Several Characters seem to be at 1 remaining starting wound. It is worth remembering that you can 'bench' a character for a game to restore them back to full health.
Last edited by DaVinci's Cat on Sat May 04, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Fri May 03, 2019 11:47 am

My notes currently have me at 183 with 10 zombies killed
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Fri May 03, 2019 12:15 pm

I took out two survivors last game.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL