The New World Order - Results and Progress

Re: The New World Order - Results and Progress

Postby Dave » Mon May 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Quite the opposite, it’s always nice to have graphical confirmation of how terribly I’m doing!

:lol: on the improvements!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ronq » Mon May 27, 2019 10:34 pm

That is amazing
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue May 28, 2019 2:01 am

Ray obviously needs to expand his 'declare war' range! :lol:
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Ray » Tue May 28, 2019 5:26 pm

Darkson wrote:Ray obviously needs to expand his 'declare war' range! :lol:

The problem is that before I can properly declare war I have to actually win some games to capture territory...
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Current total: 297
Zombies killed: 18
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:33 pm

The Campaign Map after Round 5:

20190612_204827.jpg

As we approach the halfway stage, the Leader Board is looking like this:

Fireflys: 456 (40/5)
Steve & The Queens: 410 (34/3) (Tom might need to update his graph! ;) )
The Mad Scientists: 297 (18/0)
GotA: 266 (20/4)
Creepers: 229 (13/3)
Serpents of Doom: 157 (7/0)

Another shuffle of places and a couple of scores in recession(!) are making for a tight and changeable mid-field and with Round 6 being a Solo round for The Mad Scientists, GotA, Creepers and Serpents, it should get closer still. Campaign Priority for Round 6 is as follows: Sven, Ray, Tom, Simon, Dave and Mike.

I still need to write up the scenarios as the Solo players will have a choice of what 'mission' they will attempt, but in essence Tom, Dave & Mike will have the opportunity to find the infamous bag of guns and get rid of the 5pt 'tax' on ranged weapons they currently suffer from Round 1, or (inc Ray) a variety of Supply Runs of varying difficulty and associated reward. The Fireflys and Steve & The Queens will be fighting out a Turf War with the potential reward being survival of sorts. I'll post the scenarios in a couple of days.

Mike and Tom have suggested that any Walker movement is done alternately (solo player and observer) to prevent the swarming and ultimate death in the last couple of turns. Happy for the pairings to work it out between them especially as you could end up playing different missions. Remember to control the threat level!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DaVinci's Cat on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Looking at the above map, I'm still surprised that no one has yet picked out a Danger Zone! I painted at least 13 of the things and not one has come out yet :o .

Anyway, on to the Scenarios for Round 6:

For Tom, Dave and Mike only - Running into Trouble.

Running into Trouble.pdf

For all Solo Players - Supply Raid or Precinct 13.

Supply Raid.pdf

Precinct 13.pdf

These have varying levels of difficulty, but the associated reward should be greater the harder the scenario is. It's up to you as the players as to which one you wish to tackle, but just remember, a win is a win and that adds up to territories. *Edit due to Typo* - Precinct 13 Special Rules should be '30 pts or less'. Current attachment has been amended to reflect this - ignore anything that indicated a different value.

Solo Rules are in effect which in broad handfuls means (can be found on page 3 of the Core Rulebook):

1) The single player always has the initiative and any reference to either player or the opponent refers to the single player.
2) Increase the Threat by 1 at the end of each turn.
3) Any Event Cards referring to the direction of the player's choice, move Walkers towards the nearest Survivor instead.

Sven, for our match-up, we can go straight from the March to War preview if I don't get anything sorted in the meantime. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DaVinci's Cat on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Scores on the doors.

- A bad game for me and a good game for Ray causes a position swap.
- Steady gains from Sven and Mike.
- Simon makes me extend the Y axis.
- Dave... is part of the campaign.

But most importantly, I found a tiny blurry background picture of (probably) Simon in a club night picture!
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:55 am

An interesting round but more importantly, the Campaign Map at the half-way point now looks like this:

20190702_223031.jpg

First up, a request for updated crew scores please. Clearly, you’d all like to know where you are in the terms of the Leader-board especially with such a topsy-turvy round, but I need to know as from round 7 (this next round) there are some bonuses to be had and these will be dependent upon crew scores and territories held. But all of that pales into insignificance as everyone is really waiting for Stato and his new updated Excel graph!

The updated Leader-board:

Fireflys: 556 (58/6)
Steve & The Queens: 444 (45/3)
The Mad Scientists: 360 (??/0)
GotA: 324 (30/4)
The Creepers: 305 (21/3)
Serpents of Doom: ~165 (?/0)

When updating your scores, don't forget to add the experience for everyone that took part and was still standing at the end…

Although no real shuffling of positions, the midfield had closed up a bit but more importantly, a significant number of territories have been obtained by both the Creepers and The Mad Scientists (including a Danger Zone or two at last!) – I’m expecting some clashes for territory between these two and Steve and the Queens in the next round or so. This round was also characterised by some horrendous dice rolling – I’m looking at Dave and Tom here – I’ve never seen so many failed ‘Hold your Nerve’ rolls in succession. Keep Calm and Panic is clearly their new motto. That said, Dave was only a turn away from completing the mission and one passed roll would have enabled it. Mike made it on the very last turn by virtue of the Car Alarm timing just before the threat tracker hit 18.

Campaign Priority for Round 7 is Ray, Tom, Simon, Dave, Mike, Sven and the Match-Ups are as follows:

Fireflys vs The Creepers
Serpents of Doom vs GotA
The Mad Scientists vs Steve & The Queens.

I still need to write up the Round 7 scenario but I can tell you it will be limited to 250pts. It should be posted up in the next couple of days along with the additional constraints & bonuses for the campaign from here on in. One of these is the restart/respawn value is now increase to 200pts from the original 125pts.
Last edited by DaVinci's Cat on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:36 pm

Scenario for Round 7: Snatch n' Grab

Snatch n' Grab.pdf

Any questions or queries on this one, just ask.

Additional Campaign Constraints have been posted in the Campaign Discussion Thread as mentioned above. In other news, rumours abound about a mysterious individual (or individuals!) known only as the Settler and their appearance in and around key areas and sites local to Survivor groups...
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Walking Dead