The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 pm

The New World Order begins 2 Apr 19.

Yep, that’s right, after a lot of talk, it’s now time for action. Our first (bold sentiment!) Walking Dead Campaign will start Tues 2 Apr. It will be a map-based campaign as detailed in other posts around here and apparently ARBBL map-based campaigns have historically had a high failure rate (quite close to 100% I’ve been informed). So what makes this any different? Commitment – that’s what makes this different. And a request to run the campaign with an iron fist… (Not kidding. Ask Tom.)

Seriously though, the campaign will be starting on 2 Apr and I need to know if you are interested, in-fact I need to know that you’re definitely in. No may-be’s, just that are you in. Why the commitment? Planning - that’s why.

Firstly, and despite a significant number of Google searches and reading several horticultural books, customisable maps for this sort thing don’t just grow on trees. Disappointing. What it means is that some muppet is going to have to make up the map, and in this case, it’s going to be 3D.

Knowing who’s in will first allow me to construct enough campaign tiles (if you had a chat last night, you’ll know I’ve already done some proto-typing and the size of map is dependent on the number of players) and then allow the group to fine tune some of the placement issues prior to kick-off. It will also enable me to let the committed individuals know how long the campaign will last (No. of campaign rounds = 2x No. of players for those of you that haven’t read the Map-Based Campaign thread :roll: ) and whether we will need a mid-season break.

Secondly, it will allow you a little bit of time to potentially get a couple of practice games in (learn the rules/test out your starting crew!) before jumping headlong into the post-apocalypse. That said, if you want to go in cold, as if you’ve just woken up from a coma and the world has turned on it’s head, fill your boots!

So what do you need to do at the moment? Just commit to playing by commenting below. I’ll amend this post later with the names of those individuals committed to not only diminishing the zombie population but also their fellow survivors. It would be good if you could come up with a faction name and symbol (will make life a little easier during campaign map phase) even it’s as novel as ‘Dave’s Group’, but it’s not essential just yet.

If there's enough interest, there could also be a trophy up for grabs... ...that would also be up for grabs in the Autumn/Winter Campaign... 8-)
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Re: The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Postby Ronq » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Well you know I’m in, will come up with the details soon
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 pm

All hail the Iron Fist!

Having caught up on the plans I am very much in and keen to map it up a good 'un.

Also you are a glorious mad man with your 3D map plans and I feel that has to be supported.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ray » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:44 pm

I'm in. Will need to have a chat soon about model requirements and so on so I can get that sorted out in time.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:06 am

Not for me thanks, but good luck! ;)
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 pm

You can count me in, looks like you might need a bigger map.....
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:10 pm

Ray wrote:I'm in. Will need to have a chat soon about model requirements and so on so I can get that sorted out in time.

Good stuff. No problems, just let me know when is good. As a rough guideline, no Vikings!

Darkson wrote:Not for me thanks, but good luck! ;)

No problems and thank you. Hopefully we won't need too much luck...

Dave wrote:You can count me in, looks like you might need a bigger map.....

Yep. It's looking that way. Already started on the frames and will probably have to blitz prepping the tiles this weekend...

If you guys can get your faction logos to me sooner rather than later it would be appreciated (JPEG format is good, SVG is even better. Kept it simple and clean!) That way I can get them processed and made into your home tile. Faction colours will be assigned (all hail the Iron Fist (or should it be Lucille in this case?)) so we don't end up having the Reservoir Dogs discussion....

'.....I end up with 6 guys all wanting to be Mr Black and no-one wanting to be Mr Pink... ...Mr Brown sounds too much like Mr $**t'

There will be no Mr Black, but there may well be a Mr Pink and possibly a Mr Brown. If you do have any colour preferences, let me know, I might listen :mrgreen: .
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:08 pm

Count the "Californian Reapers' in. Also known as the 'Creepers' :evil:

Colour Red or Green.

Logo will be a hot chilli.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Not for me...have a sprog by then so attendance is likely to continue to be sporadic for me.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:20 pm

I have no idea how to do that JPEG/SVG stuff so I’ll just say use a skull for mine, any skull that works for you.

Cheers
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Next

Return to The Walking Dead