The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Re: The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Postby Ronq » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:07 am

The top one would be good, thanks!

Is the world ready for Steve and the Queens?
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:01 pm

Having now almost completed the special location tiles (Mini-mart is still outstanding and the Hospital could do with a re-design), I thought it would be worth thrashing out the rules/benefits for these tiles. The following is very much based on the guidance given in the Fear the Hunters expansion, but given I've deleted a few locations as well as making some additions (Football Stadium!) it was worth putting it all in one place so everyone has ready access it.

I've tried to ensure that we now have a way to access melee weapons and body armour over 20 points as well as refining the rules for attempting to hold any of the city tiles. The expansion rules seemed a little too forgiving with no risk for getting to the city. I'm still playing with the idea that if you roll 2 blanks (see below) (and hence lose control of the tile) then perhaps you should roll a number of dice (1 red die for each member of your group, or just 1 blue die?) and have to spread the 'hits' (excluding !s) across your crew to represent at very hasty retreat from a heavily zombie over-run area. As always, thoughts and opinions very welcome.

Special Locations.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Read through and sounds good.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:27 pm

As mentioned in previous posts, the next (and potentially final) Preppers Day will be in a fortnight on the evening of 19th Mar post any games being played. The main driver for this session will be to roll (or have a game of zombie dice…) for campaign initiative and then, based on the outcome, pick and choose our starting locations.

Along with this, I’ll go through the map zones and associated tiles and then the post-game and up-keep process.
I’ll also hopefully have the 1st scenario for all to have a look at so you can have a little prep time if needed.

Initially, I was planning to run the campaign in two 6 week blocks with a ‘mid-season’ gap in between to give everyone a break. This was running around the assumption that we are all going to be available during these blocks (rather hopeful assumption!). That, and coupled with the fact that 6 of us will be playing in the campaign, I don’t really want to limit non-TWDs’ ability to get games in during the campaign period so am recommending that we have 2 weeks to complete each campaign turn, but should we manage to all complete in week 1, there will be the option to move straight on to the next campaign turn the following week.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:59 am

Couple of questions,

(1) If a gun runs out of ammo, I presume it remains out of ammo for future games until you either buy or find an ammo reload item?

(2) What happens if a player is involved in multiple contested territories in the same round?
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:30 pm

I don’t have answers but would like the following to be considered by the arbitrator in response to question 2.

I think you should be able to split your forces and contest all territories if you so decide.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Tom wrote:Couple of questions,

(1) If a gun runs out of ammo, I presume it remains out of ammo for future games until you either buy or find an ammo reload item?

(2) What happens if a player is involved in multiple contested territories in the same round?

Correct on 1 - you'll need to find/purchase an ammo reload or bandolier.

Regarding 2;

Dave wrote:I don’t have answers but would like the following to be considered by the arbitrator in response to question 2.

I think you should be able to split your forces and contest all territories if you so decide.

Dave's absolutely right for this one, the player can decide to split forces or concentrates on attacking/defending just one of the territories (assumes multiple different factions (3 or more) are involved). The ones not contested currently get taken over by the 'invading' faction. If they chose to split, they have to play the appropriate number of games - characters can only participate in one of the games (quite clearly as the crew has been spilt!).

If I attack one of your territories and you simultaneously attack one of my territories, we would just play one game and winner takes all.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Following on from the early 'Preppers Day', just a reminder that the rules/bonuses for the special locations are included a little earlier in this thread. With particular reference to the questions surrounding the City Centre Tiles I'd already done the thinking :o and the details are in the document. The only bit that needs adding is the amount of damage the crew takes if they lose control of the tile to represent being over-run; I'm thinking 2 Blue Die for the outer 6 tiles and 3 Blue for the inner spread across the crew for the next game, but happy to consider other proposals.

The post game sequence for Survivors is attached below. If anyone feels that it needs to be a little harsher, please just let me know.

Post Turn Actions.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Another document that might be useful is the current FAQ:

http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/FREE%20RULES/TWD%20FAQ%20and%20Errata%2006-02-18.pdf

And Mike, you can move Supply Counters between survivors - it's in the above. I knew I'd seen it somewhere... ;)
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Oooh! Optional rule for more 'fun':

Attracting Walkers

To keep you on your toes, if MAYHEM is caused and no
Walkers are moved as a result, instead a Walker enters
play at the point on the board edge closest to the source
of the MAYHEM, outside of any Survivors’ Kill Zones.

Are we including this?
Tom

PreviousNext

Return to The Walking Dead