The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Re: The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Mike wrote:Count the "Californian Reapers' in. Also known as the 'Creepers' :evil:

Colour Red or Green.

Logo will be a hot chilli.

No Scythe or Refrigerated Loo Roll? :D

Dave wrote:I have no idea how to do that JPEG/SVG stuff so I’ll just say use a skull for mine, any skull that works for you.

Cheers

Any back story that might add something else to the skull? I've attached a couple of images, any suitable?

500_F_180091309_yMdVM7ZIKiqoziSq5fotrbumREzFLIj9.jpg

dark-skull-logo-template-450w-697009513.jpg

skull2.jpg

skull 4.png

I've made a start on the map tiles and will post an update a little later on in my TWD painting thread - I've done my home tile so it will hopefully show what's possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:34 pm

My faction will be The Gentlemen of the Apocalypse. Our icon will be a bowler hat.

I mainly want to use this mini (not my paint job) I got for the Scrappers campaign that never happened.

Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:38 pm

Dave, in answer to the question regarding card sleeves, hopefully the following link will help:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Wing-Miniatures-Game-Sleeve-Bundle/dp/B01FCBUKRE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1548887164&sr=8-12&keywords=fantasy+flight+sleeves

You may be able to get them a little cheaper at Chaos Cards or similar outlets but there shouldn't be too much in it.

Yellow pack will fit the Supply Deck and the Gray pack should fit the Event Deck (just check - I've got some Green packs lying around but believe they are for Fallout). The quality of the sleeves is really good - they tend to be my go-to brand from card sleeves.

For the Character Cards I got some Ultimate Guard Oversized Sleeves (89x127mm) but compared to the Fantasy Flight Sleeves they are really thin, but that said I haven't found anything else the right size.

I do have a load of folder pages that can accommodate the Oversize Sleeves (4 Character cards per page) and fit into a ring binder if you are looking to store the cards somehow. The folder I use is from Ultimate Guard and has all the character and equipment cards in it.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:10 am

The first burning skull will do. I am going to use some GW transfers on the models.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 am

DaVinci's Cat wrote:Dave, in answer to the question regarding card sleeves, hopefully the following link will help:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Wing-Miniatures-Game-Sleeve-Bundle/dp/B01FCBUKRE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1548887164&sr=8-12&keywords=fantasy+flight+sleeves

Cheers! I'll take a look. I went through my WD stuff when I got back on Tuesday and I don't have anywhere near as many Character cards as I thought I did!

I'll upload a picture/link here shortly but I'm going with a crescent moon for my logo, and will be called the Moonlight Bandits.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:45 pm

Mike wrote:The first burning skull will do. I am going to use some GW transfers on the models.

Still want Red, or fancy a blue or purple flaming skull?
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:04 pm

Simon, would you be happy for me to add these pics to our Facebook page?
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 pm

Darkson wrote:Simon, would you be happy for me to add these pics to our Facebook page?

Happy for you to use any of the pics of stuff I've done from the Walking Dead Thread in the Painting and Modelling section (not sure there's anything worth using in this one at the moment) for promotional ARBBL Facebook stuff. No direct reference to me though please.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:49 pm

DaVinci's Cat wrote:
Mike wrote:The first burning skull will do. I am going to use some GW transfers on the models.

Still want Red, or fancy a blue or purple flaming skull?

White skull red flame if possible
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:52 pm

Preppers Day

Or to be a little more precise, a couple of ‘semi-formal’ sessions post gaming on a Tues night over the next 8 weeks or so to chat about and sort out any admin and the like in time for the campaign. Probably go for 1 in Feb and 1 in Mar. Although that shouldn’t stop you from prepping early!

I’ll come up with a couple of dates but if there are any times between now and the 2 Apr that you know you won’t be in, just say. To start with though, I’d recommend downloading the blank character cards from the Mantic Website at this link: http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/FREE%20RULES/TWD%20Blank%20Character%20Cards%20Download.pdf

I will bring in my folder with all of the character and equipment cards each week so if you want to get a feel of points values and the like, please feel free to grab it and have a look and consider what might work well. Mike has already had a quick refresh and drew some interesting conclusions from the quick pick up solo game he had last week.

I’m also attempting to come up with a Campaign Roster type thing to make keeping track of your survivors and their achievements a bit more manageable. Currently I probably going to head down the Excel Spreadsheet (it will probably make life a little easier when gathering in the week’s results) route but just wanted to check to see if everyone has access to the appropriate software. Again, just let me know.

Map progress is good, not just in terms of tile progression but also layout. I think I’ve got a good laydown that doesn’t give any particular starting location an advantage or disadvantage but will bring it along to the first prepper session for comment.

zombie-survival-survival-guide.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Walking Dead