The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Re: The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Tue May 07, 2019 6:14 pm

Updates for Round 4 and beyond.

Supply Deck can now be expanded to include:

2x Meds, 1x Horse Pills, 1x Molotov, 1x Hunting Knife, 1x Shiv, 1x Crowbar and 1x Emergency Supplies. If your game is set somewhere where there any woods or open country (rather than somewhere in a city/town), feel free to include the Bear Trap supply card as well!

I still haven't being able to come up with any 'Campaign logic' as to how we we can trade in any unwanted 2x4s etc, so for the time being, you're just going to have to build up a post-apocalyptic version of Travis Perkins...

Scenarios for Round 4 have been posted in the Results and Progress Thread along with Match-Ups. Both Grab the Goods and Supply Scavenge (Objectives) will play well, Ambush I've developed from the 'March to War' so it might need a couple of tweaks to get the balance right. Open to suggestions.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri May 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Round 5

Scenarios for Round 5 have been posted in the Results and Progress Thread. There may be some tweaking that is required on Breakthrough and Watchers but I think they should be pretty close. If you make any pre-game changes, or post game come up with changes to even things up, please just let me know so that I can update the scenarios for others.

Small hastener for any outstanding scores please. I think the order is correct, but would be good to confirm.

I'll bring the additional cards for Ray and Dave next week, if Tom and Mike could give me an indication of their intended game time I can bring cards/kit in as appropriate bearing in mind I'm away on the 4th. I will be back in for the 11th.

As mentioned in discussions last week, I've emailed Mantic with what we're doing (including feedback on the campaign rules) and pointed them to the Facebook Page - interesting to see if anything comes of it.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Mike,

In response to your question regarding tacticians, Maggie Greene (Prison Defender) might suit the bill. She's actually a support character at 30 pts, 5 wounds and has 2 Red, 1 White and 2 Red dice as her stats but more importantly, one of her special rules is:

Steadying Influence: When making a Hold Your Nerve Action, Maggie does not roll a Black die. Instead she immediately reduces the threat by a White Die.

She also has some synergies in terms of not panicking if Glenn is in the group and still alive.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Campaign Conclusion

As we move into the second half of the Campaign, thoughts are slowly turning towards identifying the best way to wrap it up.

Originally, I thought that the top 4 crews at the end of the 12 Rounds would go forward and duke it out in one almighty battle (probably with the crew holding the most supplies for the longest, wins) for overall supremacy. And this is still right up there as a more than suitable conclusion.

Now one big-ish confrontation at the end certainly has it’s merits (one game and it’s done), tons of gamesmanship and trash-talking but also potential drawbacks in terms of ‘ganging-up’ (a reasonable tactic) and the time taken to play it out. I then wondered whether we should have a play-offs type format to finish it off (NFL, Rugby, NHL type affair);– places 3-6 scrap of the right to meet 1 & 2 and then the respective winners meet in a 1v1 with the Victor taking the spoils. Points should be available for success in the earlier play-off rounds to help bolster against the leading teams.

I also got to thinking (the problem when you get to the end of a contract at work and there’s not a lot left for you to do!) about should the crews be ‘frozen’ at the end of the 12 Rounds so that if see wanted to pick it up for a small/short (4-6 Round?) campaign at anytime in the future, we could utilise all the hard work we’ve already put in. Maybe even look to use the ‘Call to Arms’ ruleset (for more focussed inter-faction territorial type clashes) in future iterations. Clearly not everyone may wish to pick this up again at a later date, but others may wish to join in so there would have to be some mechanism to accommodate – alternatively, post 12 Rounds it’s done and dusted and if it’s run again, everyone starts over!

As always, I’d welcome anyone’s thoughts and ideas on this.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am

Additional Campaign Constraints from Round 7 onwards.

The following constraints apply for Round 7 onwards and are in addition to the initial constraints.

Once a crew exceeds 350 pts and has 5 territories or more, they are unable to score Supply Counter points. They may still gain the recovered item (ie bandages, old guns etc) but not the 5 pts for holding the counter at the end of the game.

Restart/Respawn level is now 200 pts – this supersedes the original 125 pts. Any crew restarting loses all territories, equipment, experience etc but does get to start with a blank sheet ie can rehire models that were killed in the previous attempt.

Characters cannot take more upgrades with a combined total cost greater than their current base points.
Eg: if taking a new Patrick at 20 pts, you’d only be able to equip him with 20pts worth of equipment. However as experience grows, he can carry more. I’ve got a Patrick that now costs 35 pts due to experience gained, so he’ll now be able to carry up to 35 pts of kit. Clearly.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:04 am

Building Custom Characters:

As mentioned in discussions and the Results thread, the attachments below are the 'Rules and Constraints' for designing and recruiting custom characters into your crew. Ideal if you've got a figure you really what to use but none of the stock characters really fit the bill.

Custom Characters Pt1.pdf

Custom Characters Pt2.pdf

2 attachments due to size of documents!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Previous

Return to The Walking Dead