The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Re: The New World Order - TWD Spring Campaign

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Just for reference in case anyone asks, how big are the tiles?
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:26 pm

Darkson wrote:Just for reference in case anyone asks, how big are the tiles?

35mm flat to flat. So not that big...

Just completed Mike's Home Tile, all the Danger Zone Tiles and designed & printed the National Guard Outpost (just needs a lick of paint). I'll post photos up later this weekend. Really need to paint some of my crew as well ;).
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Preppers Day Dates

Given the timings to the New World Order, I going to suggest that the dates for 'Preppers Day' are 12 Feb and 19 Mar. I realise that 12 Feb is following on from the first night of the Vanguard Campaign but it will mean everyone should be in a campaign mode of sorts!?! It also allows a little bit of time you everyone to work through a few things before getting together on 19 Mar.
If there are any burning questions or specific campaign details you want answered on the 12 Feb, just post them up in the meantime and I'll make sure it's covered. Otherwise I'll try and cover the big-handful basics.

As an aside, Sven and I had an interesting game on Tues and used the result as an opportunity to work through some of the post game sequence and consequences. A couple of main points that came up were:
- You've got nothing to worry about when playing against us. We managed to effectively wipe ourselves out in the first game.
- Playing a campaign game is quite different from a stand-alone. Sven doesn't like playing tactically;- it goes against everything he stands for and makes him feel very uncomfortable :D
- Playing with a large piece of blocking terrain and setting up up other scenery thematically makes for a really good game even if it is a bugger to move figures on the odd occasion.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:30 pm

DaVinci's Cat wrote: I realise that 12 Feb is following on from the first night of the Vanguard Campaign

12th is the first night for Vanguard. ;)
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:22 pm

I’m not going to be in on the 2nd April now, hope I can just start the week after without messing things up too much? Sorry.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Dave wrote:I’m not going to be in on the 2nd April now, hope I can just start the week after without messing things up too much? Sorry.

No problems and thanks for the advanced warning. There are a couple of ways around it; we can get your first round done the week before (most likely single player mode so shouldn't take too long) or as you do it the week after the start week, and play the game before going straight into the next turn. We'll just make sure you play someone who can stay a little later should things run on. You're only going to be able to claim tiles within your 'home territories' after the first game, so it won't have an impact on who you play in the next campaign turn.

A gentle reminder to those of you who have yet to come up with a logo and crew name - do it! And for those that have come up with an idea and logo, let me have a copy of the logo so I can sort out home tiles and appropriate coloured faction inserts.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Spot On (Nice logo as well!). I'll get it sorted this weekend.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Slight change to my group names and symbol.

https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-fre ... r-16141726

New Faction Name: Serpents of Death

Cheers
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:32 pm

Following on the discussion pre-Negan on Tues, do any of these hit the mark?

49536913-crown-vector-icon.jpg

Crown2.png

Crown3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Walking Dead