WHQuest (Was: Tuesday 26th Aug)

For all Quest discussions, both original and Silver Tower

WHQuest (Was: Tuesday 26th Aug)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Moodygit wrote: 'Dave, Simon and Gary have decided to give Warhammer Quest a go as Gary couldn't make it on club night. It was a wet Bank Holiday and the house was empty so time was on our side. Dave had never managed to level up a character before so the challenge had been set. How far could we get?'

Popped round just before 4pm, and before leaving at 8pm we managed to get in 6 dungeon crawls. Well, I say we got 6 in - we only managed to get to one objective room, and even then we all died! 3 times we didn't get past the 3rd room!

Quest #1: All died on the 2nd tile.

Quest #2: All died bar the Chaos Warrior on the 2nd tile. CW leaves the dungeon.

Quest #3: All survive bar the druid, again on the 2nd tile. Survivors leave the dungeon (just) as no healing.

Quest #4: All die in the objective room.

Quest #5: All alive on 3rd tile. Quest abandoned as a cave-in blocks way to objective.

Quest #6: Same quest (new dungeon deck), all escape as surrounded, and have 3 minotaurs bearing down on us (and for time).

Quest #7: Same quest (new dungeon deck) - to be continued tomorrow!

Gary and Dave also had a 1-1 draw of Blood Bowl.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Tuesday 26th August (and Sunday and Monday)

Postby Mike » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:59 pm

So you were playing real life quest and not PC/Xbox version with re spawn.

Sums up ARBBL and Questing.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: Tuesday 26th August (and Sunday and Monday)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:12 am

Never even got the chance to argue about which version of the alehouse rules to use -Dave's boring but possibly correct ones or the more fun ones we've always done in the past.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:10 pm

7th game and we win!

Starting to see why Mickey sniped though - wasn't (just ;) ) because he was a git, the Elf is rubbish! Used it to help the party, rather than picking on the 1-wound Minos, and ended up with 700 gold, whereas the wizard got 2000+, and the Barbarian and Dwarf both got 3000+!

Went to town, took a wrong turning and ended up at a village, and the minstrel we'd picked up was so bad we weren't allowed in, so we're going direct to the next adventure. :lol:
Darkson (Simon)

Re: Darkson, the'redeaddave and MoodyGit attempt a Quest

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm

You forgot to mention that I fell unconscious a total of twelve times to Minotaurs in one dungeon.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:00 am

Also remember that we escaped once and the Elf was the only one to lose half his gold so the disparity shouldn't be AS bad it is (but still pretty bad). The dwarf going last helps him, he killed 6 minotaurs over the course of 3(4?) dungeons! I wouldn't call it sniping though, I'd rather get out alive with 700 gold than not all!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:50 am

Trouble with that is if the other three characters level up, the party counts as lvl 2 and faces harder monsters, meaning less kills, less gold etc etc. When we've had that happen before it normally ends up with that one character dying and being replaced constantly.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:15 am

Yeah I agree with that, but as we didn't level up due to that jester you have another level one dungeon in which to try to gain more gold. If we ensure that the elf gets given the more expensive of treasure items (that reminds me, we didn't take an objective room treasure card.....) then hopefully you'll be closer to your 2,000 target. If not then I think the "Dwarf" would be happy to help out a fellow elf!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Dave wrote:that reminds me, we didn't take an objective room treasure card

That's because our mission didn't give us one. Most of the adventures in the book don't. :roll:
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Are you playing some variant rules? I haven't played in over a decade, but I'm sure I don't remember WHQ being that lethal!
Tom

Next

Return to Warhammer Quest