Re: Vanguard Campaign Discussion

Postby Brad85 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 pm

Think i've figured out my roster.

Thanks EasyArmy.com!
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Something I only just found hidden away, you only get one free retinue position in addition to leader at start of the campaign, the rest have to come later and cost gold.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:05 am

The question of rear arc attacks came up yesterday. Being, if I start in the front arc of an enemy, run around the back and then fatigue to attack, do I get the rear arc bonus?

The Facebook consensus was it is indeed unclearly worded, but that the conditions ā€˜in the rear or already engagedā€™ are probably referring to at the start of the models activation rather than the action. As such the circling tactic would only work with a subsequent force fatigue activation, not as part of the normal activation.
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 am

Scratch that, Matt Gilbert from mantic says how we played it is legit. You're fine to get the backstab as long as long as it wasn't a charge from outside the rear.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Tom wrote:Scratch that, Matt Gilbert from mantic says how we played it is legit. You're fine to get the backstab as long as long as it wasn't a charge from outside the rear.

So if you're in the front arc and long move into the rear arc then fatigue attack, this will still count for the backstab?
But not for the bonus die as it wasn't a 'charge'?
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Yes
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:18 pm

There was some discussion last week on running out of command models and not having enough gold to replace them. It's covered in the rules (pg149). If you have no command model alive you must buy one as your first purchase in the recruit and resupply phase, if you can't afford one you get the cheapest available for all your remaining cash.
Tom

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Tom wrote:There was some discussion last week on running out of command models and not having enough gold to replace them. It's covered in the rules (pg149). If you have no command model alive you must buy one as your first purchase in the recruit and resupply phase, if you can't afford one you get the cheapest available for all your remaining cash.

So only having one of one works in my favour. If he died and I only have 10 gold I get his replacement at a good price?
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:04 am

Checking the rules on movement, we may have been a bit overzealous with our engagement screening.
If you intend to end your move engaged then the whole 1" no entry bubble around all enemies is ignored for the entire move.
And if you want your run to count as charge it must not have passed within 1" of a different enemy unless they are within 1" of your final target.

The other thing I noticed was that in a group assault, instead of the placing all miniatures centre on to each other you distribute the attackers around the target as evenly as possible, which I think means if you were charging two guys onto one from the same direction, then with the same base size they'd line up half base touching each and then only a third or fourth guys would lap around the side? I'm not to sure on this one, it seems open to interpretation. I'll ask on the forum as the Mantic guys seem pretty good at replying to rules questions.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Not sure which thread (if either) to put this in. But i'm spending my 50 gold to pad out my roster a bit. Adding some Needlefangs.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Previous

Return to Vanguard