Is KT still a likely thing when we get back?

Re: Is KT still a likely thing when we get back?

Postby Brad85 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:49 pm

I'm of the same mind tbh. Unless the rules for the new one are absolutely mind blowing, i'm happy with the current version.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:58 am

I can see where you’re coming from, but conversely writing it off before you even know what it is seems a tad premature.

I hadn’t played much KT but the impression I got was that being tied to 40k stats with a different rule set meant that certain units just broke the game so there’s room for improvement.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Brad85 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:31 am

To be fair, it was very tangled into 40k and what the box sets had available.
I won't be getting the starter box, but will wait and see any changes make the rules worth picking up. I'm just half expecting this to be a flimsy rebrand thing - especially as they only just had the Indomitus tie in box.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:38 am

Absolutely. Anyone who bought that specifically for the KT content has a right to be royally annoyed.
Tom

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:02 pm

I still think kill team is a bit of a con to trick people into buying a 40k army because of all the factions where you want one guy from each troop type and end up having to buy units of 5 or 10 of each to get that. Necromunda makes a lot more sense as a 40k skirmish setting and if you want to use real 40k factions then just play crusade.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Brad85 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:55 pm

Looking at the squads in the coming version, I do wonder if they'll all be preset like Underworlds. The models look kind of niche to the game, whereas previous big boxes were just the sprues you could normally buy in the small boxes.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:00 pm

Of course there is this bs...

Warhammer Community wrote:Excited to get your hands on Kill Team: Octarius? You won't have to wait long-pre-orders will be available in August, and you'll want to keep an eye out as the boxed set is available only while stocks last (don't worry if you miss it though, as all of the models will be available on their own shortly after). In the meantime, stay tuned to Warhammer Community for more in-depth looks at Kill Team: Octarius as we get closer to pre-order day
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:05 pm

Another reason I won't bother with it.

Not sure how accurate it is, but someone in the KT group said it is tied with 9th ed rules.
But seeing as a) I didn't see the pre-release stuff and b) I don't know if 9th ed 40k exists, that may need to be taken with a large pinch of salt!
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Brad85 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:27 pm

9th is the current version (Indomitus box). Which already works well for small 500pt games that are basically KT beefed up. I think by dint of being a 40k universe game it will share mechanics and some of the basics, that's just kind of obvious. It's like saying the winning lottery numbers will be on balls :lol:
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:44 pm

So much misinformation. From the Warhammer community article:

"Every rule is bespoke, and they are no longer based on the Warhammer 40,000 rule set."
"Alternating activations"

This seems more inline with necromunda rather than regular 40k. I'm sure they will release the rulebook at the same time so it's not like you have to buy the limited release box unless you really want more unnecessary models and scenery.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Kill Team