Canvassing for Kill Team Opinions

Canvassing for Kill Team Opinions

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 pm

It’s been out a month or two now, what’s the feedback from the group? Things you like, don’t like etc.

Interested in opinions as I’ve been having a tidy and found some 40k stuff, do I need anything other than models to be able to play?

Cheers,
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Canvassing for Kill Team Opinions

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:19 am

I only own models and are doing ok. Read through of the rules and a copy of your chosen faction list should be enough. We havent started command points yet so haven't needed all the cards, though they are all in the book.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:46 am

I'm enjoying it, and I've not wanted anything to do with the 40k universe for ages.

As Gary says, just the book and you'll be doing fine (there's a link somewhere ;) ).
From the posts on the Facebook group I've seen the tactic cards that are specific to the KT fanction boxes aren't 'must haves', so not having bought them isn't a 'auto-loss', which had been a concern for me.

Only issue I've found so far is some of the wording isn't the clearest, especially if you don't play 8th ed 40k or, as in my case, it's been a long time since you played any 40k, but I think a lot of that will be cleared up when the first FAQ is released.

Biggest gripe for me is it sounds like a lot of the tournament players are douchebags, so I won't be bothering to attend events unless I know a lot of the players. :lol:
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Thanks both.

Simon, the card collecting thing was my main concern but it sounds like there’s nothing to worry about, thanks.

I’ll put some models together at some point over the next month and will endeavour to get some games in.

Thanks again.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:49 pm

Played a couple of games with Simon tonight. I like it, but not as much as Necro. Though the two of them are different enough to happily co-exist.

It’s much quicker than Necro. The small boards and small number of turns make for a very compact little game and that can be nice.
Tom

Return to Kill Team