Kill Team rules discussion

Re: Kill Team rules discussion

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Darkson wrote:Probably need a better example:

Model A has 2 attacks basic, a Power Fist and Chainsword (+1 A), in combat with model B. A allocates 2 attacks with Power Fist and 1 with Chainsword.

Rolls for first attack with Power fist, hits and wounds, rolls injury and Flesh Wound.

P.31 says I lose the additional attack with the Power Fist but I can still use the chainsword.
P.32 says I lose all the attacks.

P31 says nothing about the chainsword. P32 does.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Direct quote from rules p.31:

"If a model’s wounds are reduced to 0, any further attacks directed against this model by the attacking weapon are not resolved,"

Lose the Powerfist, that's fine. But I can still use the Chainsword, that's a different weapon.
It doesn't say "attacking weapons", just "attacking weapon".

They may well mean you lose all over attacks, but until they clarify one way or another the two pages contradict each other (and yes, it's a rarity, I think I have 1 model this can affect).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Tom wrote:[P31 says nothing about the chainsword. P32 does.

Exactly, hence the contradiction.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm

You are holding two balls, A and B.

Rule 1 tells you to drop ball A.

Rule 2 tells you to drop both balls.

If you drop both balls you are complying with both rules because you still dropped ball A.

If rule 1 said to ONLY drop ball A, or to hold on to ball B then we'd be a different situation, but we aren't.

Yes rule 1 is technically pointless as a separate construct to rule 2 but it doesn't conflict with it.
Tom

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:40 pm

I personally think p.31 will be amended to "attacking model" (or somesuch).

[Edit] Then why have p.31? Because it's not necessary due to p.32.

And I could argue that rule 1 doesn't say "drop ball 2" so you've not followed that rule, but whatever. I'm going to take it your vote is for p.32. ;)
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Just applying strict logic and rules lawyering to it :D

But yes, I'm for p32 from the information you've given. A specific instruction most definitely beats an implication by omission.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:51 am

Wouldn't it work the same as shooting? Just substituting ranged for melee, and shooting for fight?
'If the attacking model has any other ranged weapons
that it can fire, and you wish it to do so, return to step
2 of the shooting sequence (pg 28). Otherwise, the
shooting sequence ends.'

So resolve the power fist, get to 0 wounds, model doesn't go OOA and then attack with chainsword?

I've also realised all my marine models could have been firing twice. D'oh!

Edit; I know page 34 says
'If a model has more than one melee weapon and can make several close combat attacks, it can split its attacks between
these weapons however you wish – declare how you will
divide the attacks before any dice are rolled.'

I just mean for the purposes of resolving the attacks
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:57 am

Very unofficial pre-FAQ from the writers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEOZNNX ... e=youtu.be

"One of Kill Team's rules writers at the warhammer world weekender very kindly took a solid 15 minutes out of his day to run through 2 pages of rules for me! Understand, these aren't official in any way, but until the FAQ drops, this is the best we're going to get!"

And for those that, like me, can't be bothered to watch it:

"Unofficial but second hand from the mouths of two of the GW guys who worked on the rules.

Will be totally superseded by the actual FAQ (hopefully in a couple of weeks!)

1. Models go OOA on the fourth flesh wound.
2. Flip belts only ignore vertical distance when moving over terrain.
3. Line of Sight is any part of the model to any part (but obscurity is about the main body).
4. When injuring a model in the Fight phase, you discard all further attacks against the same target, regardless of whether they come from the same or different weapons. There is no inherent benefit to taking multiples of the same weapon.
5. You can move, jump down without counting vertical, then keep moving.
6. If you start the movement phase within 1" of an enemy your only movement options are Fall Back or remain stationary. You cannot re-charge if the enemy Falls Back first.
7. Tactics that give you +1 to hit obscured targets just cancel out the -1. Net gain of 0.
8. The Scout tactic that allows you to re-roll your Advance or add 2" is redundant. You can just add 2". Rules mistake, may be covered in future errata.
9. Mortal wounds caused as additional damage happen FIRST. So on multi damage weapons I guess it's a guaranteed single injury die rather than a chance at multiple injury dice. If an attack inflicts multiple mortal wounds, and one of those mortal wounds reduces the model to 0 wounds, discard all further mortal wounds against that model.
10. Tactics that allow you to go first in a phase have no initiative or turn order, so players all get a chance to play them. If a player with higher initiative decides not to use one, then another player chooses to, the first player can then also choose to, forcing a roll off.
11. Tau drone saviour protocols must be engaged after a successful wound but before a save roll is made. They happen instead of rolling for a save.
12. Mindshackle scarabs must follow all the usual restrictions to shooting - shaken models cannot shoot, and models within 1" of your enemy (i.e. their ally) can only fire a pistol, and only at the closest model. But models who shoot due to mindshackle scarabs can be chosen to shoot again by their original owner later in the shooting phase.
13. Metabolic overdrive will be covered in the FAQ.
14. Tesla procs on a MODIFIED 6.
15. Necrons' prime reanimation protocols can be played after the injury roll.
16. Auxiliary grenade launchers are getting a revision in the FAQ.
17. You can take two DS8s if you want."
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Brad85 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:58 pm

Useful, hopefully they address the 7+ save on pox walkers in the faq too
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Brad85 wrote:Useful, hopefully they address the 7+ save on pox walkers in the faq too

From what I have found out it stems from 40k where some weapons give a plus to a save. If no save value you don't get the plus to save. So the 2 profiles I have found so far they have no save until faq'd
Unsure what gives a plus save in kill team.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Kill Team