Chaos Cultists 'Brutal Assault Weapons' and other questions

Chaos Cultists 'Brutal Assault Weapons' and other questions

Postby Brad85 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:33 pm

I have a few questions i'd like to put to the group...

1. What exactly counts as a brutal assault weapon? This seems a bit vague as a description. I'm planning on using putting together an Alpha Legion roster with a mix of marines and cultists. Using the MK3 Space Marine squad box for the Legionaries and Necromunda (or similar) models for the Cultists - in this case 'operatives' for the AL.
Anyway, ganger models seem to have a pistol and blade combo. While i'm confident the pistol will be ok, what really counts as an assault weapon? Will the blade be sufficient? As i notice the normal cultist box has maces and the like. The MK3 armour box has a thunder hammer that i can't equip to any marines, can this be used? Or is that stretching the limits?

2. A Kill Team can only have 2 gunners. Of these one can have a heavy bolter, the other a plasma gun, melta gun or flamer. But is this limit also applicable to the command roster? The MK3 box has the heavy bolter, melta and plasma gun. Can the roster be populated with all 3 of these, so long as the only combinations of 2 taken into a 'live' kill team is the bolter and the plasma or melta gun?
In which case is it ok to set both the melta and plasma gunners to have the same speciality as they will never inhabit the same game board?

3. Has anyone else noticed that on the AL naming table they have managed to spell Alpharius wrong several times??
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Re: Chaos Cultists 'Brutal Assault Weapons' and other questi

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm

1. What else can a cultist be armed with that might cause confusion? If nothing then no problems.

2. Command roster is just model type, not gear.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:47 am

2. Yes you can. The limits are on the team you take so as you can only have one gunner with a special weapon then you can have multiple on the command roster with the same specialty. When campaign starts it will be good to have a back up of something that is a target. (one objective point anyone)
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Brad85 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Tom wrote:1. What else can a cultist be armed with that might cause confusion? If nothing then no problems.

Makes sense. Just wanted to make sure my interpretation wasn't too open.

MoodyGit wrote:2. Yes you can. The limits are on the team you take so as you can only have one gunner with a special weapon then you can have multiple on the command roster with the same specialty. When campaign starts it will be good to have a back up of something that is a target. (one objective point anyone)

I suppose some redundancy in the roster is a good thing too.

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys :D
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Return to Kill Team