Kill Team

Re: Kill Team

Postby Brad85 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Tom wrote:I'm keen on getting something so I can join in the KT thing at Test Valley as it seems lots of people are in for it.

The no-nonsense list options and potential for very quick lazy painting have me drifting towards Necrons now. It helps that their box is a dual build kit for both their best units.

The potential hilarity of resurrection protocols helps as well! Kill them too hard and you just get a stack overflow error that heals them back to full.

Played against Tom (Brown)'s necrons last night. They minced my marines and orks. Several times I inflicted flesh wounds, only to fix them later by rolling a 6.
'Damaged are you? Let me fix that with a well placed bolt shell'

From the perspective of playing against them, taking flayed ones is the way forward, 3 attacks, hard to kill and rerolls for failed wounds. They did more damage than the ranged weapons.

The ability to mind control an enemy model is worrying too. Especially when the necron player takes your plasma gun armed marine, supercharges it and aims at the marine next to him. Meaning 3+ will probably mean dead marine, and a 1 will mean a dead marine. (Luckily a 2 was rolled!)
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Previous

Return to Kill Team