Underworlds Rivals Round-Robin?

For all things Warhammer Underworlds

Underworlds Rivals Round-Robin?

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed May 10, 2023 5:57 am

Is there interest in a club-wide (or as many as possible) Rivals round-robin?

My interest is piqued again due to not having to buy anything I'm not interested in.

Also, we must have more than a few spare decks floating around for those that don't have any, or any 'legal' ones. What would be needed to use S1 and S2 warbands - a Rivals deck and Nemesis format, or just a Rivals deck?

If so, worth making a list of who has what, and going from there?

Interested:
Simon
Jamie
Tom
Ben
Gary
Mike

Wyrdhollow rules: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... FtTxjA.pdf
Wyrdhollow FAQ: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... uFB7oj.pdf
Designer's Commentary: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... D43t0A.pdf
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Underworlds Rivals Round-Robin?

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed May 10, 2023 6:00 am

Need a Rivals pack
Season 1 (Shadespire): Garrek’s Reavers, Ironskull’s Boyz, Magore’s Fiends, Sepulchral Guard, Spiteclaw’s Swarm, Steelheart’s Champions, The Chosen Axes, The Farstriders

Season 2 (Nightvault: Eyes of the Nine, Godsworn Hunt, Mollog’s Mob, Stormsire’s Cursebreakers, Thorns of the Briar Queen, Thundrik’s Profiteers, Ylthari’s Guardians, Zarbag’s Gitz

Legal out the box
Season 3 (Beastgrave): Grashrak's Despoilers, Hrothgorn's Mantrappers, Morgok's Krushas, Morgwaeth's Blade-coven, Rippa's Snarlfangs, Skaeth's Wild Hunt, The Grymwatch, The Wurmspat

Season 4 (Direchasm): The Dread Pageant, Elathain’s Soulraid, Hedkrakka’s Madmob, Kainan’s Reapers, Khagra’s Ravagers, Myari’s Purifiers, The Starblood Stalkers, The Crimson Court

Season 5 (Harrowdeep): The Exiled Dead, Blackpowder's Buccaneers, Da Kunnin' Krew, Xandire's Truthseekers

Season 6 (Nethermaze): Hexbane's Hunters, Gorechosen of Dromm, The Shadeborn, Skittershank’s Clawpack

Season 7 (Gnarlwood): The Gnarlspirit Pack, The Sons of Velmorn, Grinkrak's Looncourt, Gryselle's Arenai

Season 8 (Wyrdhollow): Domitan’s Stormcoven, Ephilim's Pandaemonium

Neutral Rivals decks (individual): Deadly Depths, Beastbound Assault, Fearsome Fortress, Illusory Might
(Season starter sets only?): Tooth and CLaw, Daring Delvers, Seismic Shock, Toxic Terrors

Warhammer Underworlds: Starter set: Storm of Celestus, Drepur's Wraithcreepers (Season 4)
Beastgrave - Champions of Dreadfane: Ironsoul's Condemners, Lady Harrow's Mournflight
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed May 10, 2023 6:01 am

Rivals legal:

Simon: Skaeth's Wild Hunt, Grashrak's Despoilers, Rippa's Snarlfangs, The Grymwatch, Skittershank’s Clawpack (probably play the Clawpack)
Tom: All Season 3 and Gnarlwood starter
Jamie: Skaeth's Wild Hunt
Ben: Domitan’s Stormcoven, Ephilim's Pandaemonium and Grinkrak's Looncourt
Gary: Beastbound, The Shadeborne, Skaeth's Wild Hunt, Grashrak's Despoilers
Mike: Skaeth's Wild Hunt, Grashrak's Despoilers, Morgwaeth's Blade Coven, Storm of Celestus, Drepur's Wraithcreepers, Gnarlspirit Pack, Sons of Velmorn

Rivals illegal as stands:

Multiple people: All season 1 & 2
Darkson (Simon)

Postby ErebusMort » Wed May 10, 2023 9:46 am

I’d be up for that. I’ve only got Skaeth’s wild hunt (borrowed deck) but I’ve been tempted by a couple of the newer warbands too, especially if there were to be games planned.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Tom » Wed May 10, 2023 9:55 am

Always up for Underworlds. Season 1/2 bands can be used with one of the neutral rivals decks.

I have all season 1-3 and the Gnarlwood starter.
Tom

Postby bennyowens » Wed May 10, 2023 11:15 am

I'm in!

I have Domitan’s Stormcoven, Ephilim's Pandaemonium and Grinkrak's Looncourt
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Wed May 10, 2023 11:20 am

I probably shouldn't get involved in this. Chances are I would get hardly any games in before disappearing for a while over the summer so it would just make a mess of the whole thing.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed May 10, 2023 6:09 pm

You finally get how it works.

I'm in of course. I have Beastbound assault if anyone wants to try that Rival deck.

Those last not sure on your list all come with their own rival decks.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed May 10, 2023 6:32 pm

MoodyGit (Gary) wrote:You finally get how it works.

Yes and no.

I get that you can just play a S1/S2 warband with a rivals deck (say Fortress or your Beastbound), but still can't get my head round what format it is that allows you to play with some of the S1 /S2 warband specific cards?

I assume (maybe wrongly) that a straight Rivals format will pretty much make S1/S2 a non-starter, or will the Rivals decks make them viable? I mean, I might want to take the Chosen Axes out for another ride, as they were so good. ;) :lol:

Happy to do a basic Rivals one, just trying to get it straight in my head - if I've got it right, S1/S2 really need a Nemesis format (which I'm not suggesting)?

Updated.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Wed May 10, 2023 7:40 pm

Darkson (Simon) wrote:
MoodyGit (Gary) wrote:You finally get how it works.

Yes and no.

I get that you can just play a S1/S2 warband with a rivals deck (say Fortress or your Beastbound), but still can't get my head round what format it is that allows you to play with some of the S1 /S2 warband specific cards?

I assume (maybe wrongly) that a straight Rivals format will pretty much make S1/S2 a non-starter, or will the Rivals decks make them viable? I mean, I might want to take the Chosen Axes out for another ride, as they were so good. ;) :lol:

Happy to do a basic Rivals one, just trying to get it straight in my head - if I've got it right, S1/S2 really need a Nemesis format (which I'm not suggesting)?

Updated.

Nemesis is the format where you take your faction deck and a neutral rivals deck and build your deck by picking from both.

But S1/2 bands can do just fine with a neutral rivals decks.
Tom

Next

Return to Warhammer Underworlds