Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault

For all things Warhammer Underworlds

Re: Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:28 am

Yes, though the other box is supposedly being withdrawn.
Yes.
Unsure. At least some of the universal cards from the Shadespire core box will be in the Nightvault core box (as confirmed on the Warhammer Community page).
Unknown - probably depends on how many cards the duplicate.

As with Shadespire, you'll be able to play a warband with just the cards in that box, but you probably won't be as competitive as someone with the full set.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:06 am

It also kind of depends on the box. If I remember right, the Khorne band with the demon dog came with some pretty good cards in their box and you could probably make a pretty decent deck just from that. The skeletons, not so much.

For all we know currently the Sylvaneth set might stand alone brilliantly.
Tom

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:05 am

On pre-order now at test Valley for £37, closing on Wednesday.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Brad85 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:36 am

Pre order at Goblin Gaming is £32 + £4 postage. But you'd have to wait a couple of days for it to arrive

I've opted to not jump on the preorder hype train. I can't see me playing either of the factions in the box - the night haunts look cool, but not grabbing me enough - so instead of getting magic dice my Orks and Rats can't use; I'm waiting for a fraction that really grabs me first. Which looking at teasers will most likely be the mushroom covered gobbo guy. (I'm seeing an unintended theme here)

Plus I imagine of the 248 (?) new cards, I'd only be able to use a small handful of them with my current teams.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:47 am

Brad85 wrote:Pre order at Goblin Gaming is £32 + £4 postage. But you'd have to wait a couple of days for it to arrive

I've opted to not jump on the preorder hype train. I can't see me playing either of the factions in the box - the night haunts look cool, but not grabbing me enough - so instead of getting magic dice my Orks and Rats can't use; I'm waiting for a fraction that really grabs me first. Which looking at teasers will most likely be the mushroom covered gobbo guy. (I'm seeing an unintended theme here)

Plus I imagine of the 248 (?) new cards, I'd only be able to use a small handful of them with my current teams.

Very few new neutrals indeed and nothing mind blowing.

https://katophranerelic.com/2018/09/24/ ... ds-review/

If you don't want the new bands and have the old core then they've made it surprisingly easy to skip on the new core which is nice. Especially as the magic dice can be bought separately.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:56 am

Handy link. Thanks!
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Previous

Return to Warhammer Underworlds