Isolation gaming

Any chance to play outside of club night

Re: Isolation gaming

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:09 pm

I have joined.

Will be closer to 8 for me, about to eat dinner.

Now to figure out voice chat.....(I’m a Luddite not a phobe!)

EDIT: I think I joined ARBBL but for the sake of completion my username is Dave674.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Mike wrote:Dominion online?

I have a Dominion account, never played it online but happy to give it a go. I’m free every evening! ;)
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Indeed with a bit more notice let's try and get a Dominion online game scheduled. Seems a fairly low bar to attempt!

I'm Jam Warrior on there if you want to shoot me a friend request. Dave, I think you need to actively accept my request as we're only half heart friends at the moment?
Tom

Postby JAC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:02 pm

I brought into Trial by Trolley on Kickstarter. Think Cards against Humanity crossed wirh a murderous tram driver! They have just released a way to play it remotely. How about trying that one evening using Zoom or similar?
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:37 pm

First up, has anyone played Merchants and Marauders? And if so, what was you opinion?

Secondly, as a way to potentially beat the isolation blues (assuming that you have been unable to persuade your other half (or pets!) to take up gaming) I've heard some good things about Tabletop Simulator from colleagues at work. https://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/. It's available for Windows, Apple and Steam, and at £14.99 it's got potential, especially if we're going to be locked down another 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm not sure too much of the DLC will float too many boats but there are apparently a considerable number of free community mods for it (X-Wing 2.0 been one of them ;) )- just need to check out the Steam forums. I'll try and get a proper look later this weekend and feedback but in the meantime, it might be worth checking it out.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Ronq » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:53 pm

DaVinci's Cat wrote:First up, has anyone played Merchants and Marauders? And if so, what was your opinion

I have it and we’ve played it a few times down at the club, I really enjoy it, though I think playing a merchant is far easier and more profitable!
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Tom » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 pm

Played Gloomhaven on TTS with the shop guys last night. Good fun if a tad fiddly as it is literally simulating every card and token as an individual physical object.
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Tom wrote:Played Gloomhaven on TTS with the shop guys last night. Good fun if a tad fiddly as it is literally simulating every card and token as an individual physical object.

I see what you mean about being fiddly! I managed to download yesterday and have a little play - it certainly is going to take a bit of getting used to.

Tom, how did you get everyone 'dialled in' to the same game and what did you use as in game comms? Was it a chat function on the discord or is there an audio function?

There are some useful YouTube vids on how to use the software and most games seem to have instructional videos on there as well.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:21 pm

We used Discord
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:50 pm

Apparently people have been remotely playing Warhammer with webcams etc...
https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ge-post-2/
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to ARBBL on tour