I wish I'd known that before...

Re: I wish I'd known that before...

Postby Brad85 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:39 pm

I was under the impression it counts as being on all of the sides/quarters.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:43 pm

So was I but I can’t find it explicitly stated anywhere.

In m2e I’m pretty sure a marker had to be wholly within an area to count towards a scheme.

Cheers.
Last edited by Dave on Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Brad85 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:54 pm

I also can't find it explicitly stated as not being the case. But a model can be counted as being on multiple quarters in turf war for the purposes of changing a marker after a kill.
Last edited by Brad85 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Interesting, we’ve played it recently as the central strat marker counted as being in the enemy table half and I’m sure it’s right but I was looking for a rule citation and couldn’t find one, happy to go with that if that’s the consensus.

Choosing my schemes for tomorrow and it possibly effects which models I will bring.

Cheers.
Dave

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:14 pm

We you both on it is in all quarters and both sides.

I think it is reasonable to take precedence from Turf War and Break the Line.

Turf War explicitly states that the Marker in the centre is considered to be in every quarter and Break the Line indicates that a Strategy has to be completely on the opposing players table half to score VPs.

Dave wrote:Choosing my schemes for tomorrow and it possibly effects which models I will bring.

Just doing the same, and have to be honest, I'm not enjoying the selection. Tom and his tricksey Lucius crew with all of their scheme marker shenanigans should be loving them!
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Yeah, no need to be entirely within unless it states so.

I’ve not even scanned in the schemes for tomorrow yet! Best get on that.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Just a quick one, to make sure i understand leylines strat.

With Turf War, you interact with a strat marker, then move on. The marker is yours unless otherwise claimed and you can claim several (theoretically) in a turn.

In Corrupted Leylines you have to keep the lodestone carrier in contact with the marker until the end of the turn, then the marker is claimed and you can move on in the next turn. So you can't claim multiple markers in one turn?
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Correct. You can start claiming turn 1 and don’t start scoring until turn 2 so you can miss 1 turn of claiming and still get full points.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:39 am

So there’s a lot to unpack from last night’s game – which finished at about half midnight!!
First off, having a bigger model pool definitely helped as I could tailor the crew to the mission.

The basic plan was…
The Snipers will deploy up the table to drop and hopefully survive until turn 2 to drop scheme markers on the flanks (to go towards spread them out) and play distraction to Simon’s guys. In hindsight I could have tried to use cover to my advantage more, but his spooky things can just waltz right through it anyway. They died in turn 2 before dropping schemes – it was a bold tactic at best…

The Samurai was going to hit the centre as soon as he could – using Misaki’s help and Yamaziko’s help for extra bonuses on duels. He only had to last long enough to make tough choices by being an inviting target, but also something to avoid. His ultimate objective to be to drop a scheme marker in the centre (to help towards both research and spread them out) them make copious use of his heal ability (he used it once) and spray bullets around (he did this ok ish).

Yamaziko was there mostly to hand out bonus flips to minions, and Minako was there to cause trouble and summon Katashiro’s where possible. In the end she managed to call up 3 in total and we got the Wanyudo out too!
Misaki was tasked with supporting the crew with bonus charges, or using shadow markers to help out where it was needed – and placing one in the right place for research mission.
She did a reasonable job of killing a couple of things.

The sole Torakage in the crew started with the lode stone and the plan was to chase the 2 markers on my table side and the middle, if managed to get near the other 2 that’s a bonus but I was expecting 3 at best, plus causing trouble for Simon to try and deny him the middle and my 2. Ultimately we ended up with 3 strat each, so that didn’t go fully to plan :lol:
I also wanted to use the Shadow Effigy to support him with cover or to give Torakage a bonus interact if needed to hand off the stone.
This came about in turn 2, after double moving 14” (minus 2” for a fence) from the left side strat to the right side, he was close enough to the SE to interact (on the SE’s turn) to hand off the stone. The SE was then close enough to move up to the strat marker. Annoyingly Jaakuna used lure to move him off the marker.

In amongst all this I put effort into taking out the Ikiryo, only to remember afterwards it doesn’t leave a corpse marker. So no research on turn 2 and the bugger came back later!

In turn 3 I got the Effigy to pass the stone to Minako, who claimed the middle marker, I also managed to get Misaki to land a shadow marker to get research. The original plan was to run the Torakage up the middle and hand off to him, I still moved him up, but left the stone with the slightly harder to kill Minako.
I believe this is where Simon revealed Vendetta too, against my Torakage.

In turn 4, I set up a shadow marker near the right side strat on my half.
Plan A; pass off the stone from Minako back to Effigy and if he gets lured (spoiler alert, he did) Misaki can pop up there, take the stone on the last activation and claim the marker – achieved.
Plan B; Try and use Misaki to deny the strat to a Goryo
Plan C; I set up a shadow the other side of the table with a view to using Misaki to lay down a scheme marker and try for spread them out again. However this was abandoned because she’d be a sitting duck with no support and not supporting anyone. Not a lot else happened my side, Wanyudo came out and trundled about.

In Turn 5, despite a Goryo sneakily standing on my shadow marker, I managed to move Shang to about the same location so Misaki could unbury next to him. This did mean the end of Shang - who had tried his best to heal friendly models through the game. Misaki then went after the Goryo making a play for a 4th strat. I think it was this turn that Wanyudo also took a scheme marker off the table from Simon.
A Katashiro killed the Drowned, and I managed to place 3 models within 2” of 3 different markers to research point 2, until the Effigy got knocked backwards.

The game ended on 4-6 to Simon, but we were tied 4-4 going into turn 5.

From this I think Minako will be an auto take. The summoning really helped to keep me in the game in terms of numbers. I need to remember that Yamaziko gets a bonus walk action (this came up after I mocked her seemingly paltry 4” move and made pensioner jokes… my bad) and that the Samurai gets a bonus focus. Between that, the positive flip built into the gatling gun and Yamaziko’s ability he could have had a triple positive flip on his gun!
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:06 am

Nice write up.

That’s tough going on losing both snipers turn 2, what did he have that was capable of doing that much damage? (Appreciating that it was at least two of his models that did it).

Glad the summoning worked out for you, Minako is solid.

What were the crews composed of?

Cheers
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Malifaux