A Disengaging Question

A Disengaging Question

Postby Brad85 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:33 am

I've got a couple of questions about Disengaging.

1) after disengaging can I charge back in to the same model? I can't find anything in the rules, but i'm sure that's just me missing something.

2) Torakage can use walk instead / Misaki can use charge instead - so once they've [moved] away from an enemy using that action am I right in assuming they're not effected by the attack that usually happens using disengage? Can they also charge back in as they've walked/charged away.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Re: A Disengaging Question

Postby Dave » Thu May 27, 2021 10:53 am

1) yes, as long as you have the AP you can disengage then charge the same model (not sure why though, unless she has bonuses to her attack as part of a charge action or something).

2) yes, no effect as you are not taking a disengage action you are taking a walk/charge action. They could walk/charge back in if you wished but again I can’t see why you would.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Brad85 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:55 am

thank you, seemed odd that they can as other games it's generally a case of "you've run away, no you can't change your mind"

and it bodes well that you can't see a good reason for it :lol:
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 am

It takes a while to wrap your head around Malifaux (I still haven’t if I’m honest!) but it’s a great game.

It might be worth trying to stick with the same strat and schemes for your first few games so you’re not trying to learn new ones whilst also trying to learn the game.

Also, a 5-2 loss to Tom isn’t bad, I’ve had games where I’ve only scored 1 VP, so don’t be disheartened!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Malifaux