Oops...

Re: Oops...

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:48 am

Yeah, I'll probably only ever field one samurai, putting all 3 in is madness. I also wanted the lone swordsman as he looks handy.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:41 am

Yeah they are a bit expensive to be able put all 3 in a list. Lone Swordsman is cool too.

Iā€™d be happy to swap a samurai (I have one but 2 might be worth having I think, maybe....) for a crime boss (new on sprue with 3e card) if you fancy.

No worries if you want to keep all 3.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:55 am

Dave wrote:Iā€™d be happy to swap a samurai (I have one but 2 might be worth having I think, maybe....) for a crime boss (new on sprue with 3e card) if you fancy.

Dave, Happy to let you have another Samurai sprue and card if you want. I've got 3 and certainly won't be using/constructing more than 2. I'd like a Lone Swordsman but getting one of those now the M2e boxes have disappeared is going to be like finding Hen's teeth in Rocking-Horse s*@t.

Brad, I think you'll find the mix of the Crime Syndicate and Samurai very nice - would be surprised if you end up fielding one of 'everything' to get a decent balance. I know not many of the competitive players use them, but the Ten Thunders Brothers look like they could be a cheap useful nuisance. Again, you'd probably only field 1.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:57 pm

DaVinci's Cat wrote:Brad, I think you'll find the mix of the Crime Syndicate and Samurai very nice - would be surprised if you end up fielding one of 'everything' to get a decent balance. I know not many of the competitive players use them, but the Ten Thunders Brothers look like they could be a cheap useful nuisance. Again, you'd probably only field 1.

Not sure if it would all fit.. I have started seeing which of the new ones are better suited for which schemes. The snipers in particular.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:48 am

Wouldn't have changed anything, but worth noting Toni only gets adrenaline for starting engaged by an enemy, not engaging. i.e. you need to be right up on a 0" range guy and I'm pretty sure you took one off a Changeling who doesn't engage at all due to lack of melee attack.
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:34 pm

Sorry, I thought he had a 0ā€ which is why I went base to base with him. I think I punched him to death to get the adrenaline I needed.
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 pm

Quick question; I was looking at the Outcast Mercenary keyword (Viktoria). Is it safe to describe it as ninjas dressed as cowboys? So basically Last Blossom.

It seems their schtick is speed and high volume of attacks.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:12 pm

Brad85 wrote:Quick question; I was looking at the Outcast Mercenary keyword (Viktoria). Is it safe to describe it as ninjas dressed as cowboys?

In M3E at least - I think they looked much better in M2E - so much so, I got a pack of Ronin just to paint up they look so good.

Brad85 wrote:It seems their schtick is speed and high volume of attacks.

Whilst I can't comment specifically around M3E, in previous versions, this was true but they were glass cannons - you really needed to make sure that both sisters were alive to maximise their movement and attack shenanigans. They did however seem to be able to pick quite a bit from the faction in terms of variety but now with the keyword, not so much.

Having had a quick look through, personally there's not enough in them to draw me in and I don't think they have the flexibility (or maybe even punch) of the Last Blossom. Only my personal view and your mileage may vary. As discussed, it also depends on what you want from a crew, your preferred playstyle and what you like the look of (and not necessarily in that order).
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:25 pm

I'm looking for something that's the opposite of Last Blossom, almost.

Was weighing up Parker Barrows, Crossroads and Maxine (EVS) earlier.

Crossroads seems to require a level of finesse to it. Parker's mechanics with Scheme markers is cool, but hangs too much on killing stuff.

I like the deck manipulation in Maxine though and the I'm buried, but not buried guy.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:04 am

What do you mean by opposite?

To my mind last blossom is fast and stealthy but not very durable.

So would something opposite be slow(er) and survivable, maybe Hoffman?

Remember to check my master list if you want to try something different. :D
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Malifaux