Malifaux

Re: Malifaux

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:17 am

Aha! There's an upgrade he can take that allows a second source of the same effect but with a different name, so what I was doing was at least in the realms of possibility.

I'm fairly certain i always buy at least one entirely unused upgrade so honour slightly restored.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Hoorah, swapping the last Spellcaster for a plastic Death Marshal. If you ever feel you have more figures of a type than you need, singles seem to be quite easy to move on on the FB trading group.
Tom

Postby Adam » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Does anyone have a spare 30mm base I could have? All mine seem to have gone missing.
Adam
Pumpkin-Patch Kid

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:10 am

Adam wrote:Does anyone have a spare 30mm base I could have? All mine seem to have gone missing.

I've almost certainly got one, might be a slotta type but easily fixed with some green stuff. I'll try and remember to bring it next time you're about.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:45 pm

The rest of my things are finally shipping so I should be able to play proper sized games shortly
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Jon, checked up on the ice dancers. Their dodging bullets thing is definitely on being targeted and thus before attack flips.

Downside, you don't waste their cards.

Upside, if you can't get out of line of sight/range but can get into cover then you'll make their attack flip harder.
Tom

Postby JAC » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 am

Ok. Not just GW that can write a poorly worded rule!

Thanks for clarifying.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:10 am

Simon, were you limiting Nico/Vulture's Slow resistance aura to 6 inches? I can't remember fully but it seemed like maybe we were playing it as just line of sight?
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Tom wrote:Simon, were you limiting Nico/Vulture's Slow resistance aura to 6 inches? I can't remember fully but it seemed like maybe we were playing it as just line of sight?

Yes I was limiting it to 6 inches, and in line of sight. When I raised the first Belle and Punk Zombie in one turn, only the Punk Z got the full AP as the Vulture was next to the tree on the left hand side as you looked at it and just within the required 6 inches. The Belle was towards the centre of the table and out of the 6 inch range from both Nico and the Vulture hence only got the one action which I think was an attempt at lure.

The following turns, I'd moved the vulture more towards the centre, within reach of the Doppelganger and Flesh Construct to counteract the fact that Nico was still hiding from your ranged weapons and I needed to limit the slow resistance.

The question I suppose is, what happens to the character when they move out of the 6 inch bubble with a walk for example? Does slow come back into force? Should they stay within 6 inches or does it only matter at the start of the activation?
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:15 pm

In reply to my own question, the book states that 'A model with the slow condition generates 1 less general AP when it activates...' therefore, Death's Whip is relevent when the model in question activities and is within 6 inches.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to Malifaux