Malifaux

Re: Malifaux

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:29 pm

DaVinci's Cat wrote:In reply to my own question, the book states that 'A model with the slow condition generates 1 less general AP when it activates...' therefore, Death's Whip is relevent when the model in question activities and is within 6 inches.

Agreed. The model has a "generate AP" mini phase when it activates. If he is immune to slow at this time then he will have 2AP to do with as he wishes, even if that takes him outside of Nico's 6" Death's Whip bubble.

I'm a potential Nico convert so have been reading up on him a fair bit, the key thing to remember is that his Summons are summoned with only half wounds.

Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:43 pm

He is good as a summoning machine. You have to remember that that is what he will spend a lot of his APs doing. Very little movement shenanigans, the occasional casting of decay etc etc. He's very much sit back at throw wave after wave of disposable minions at the opposition to just grind them down. If they get killed (more than likely as they only turn up with half wounds), they drop a corpse marker so just rinse and repeat. The ultimate eco-friendly faction - just keep recycling.

Dave, if you wish to borrow Nico to try him out when I'm playing something else, just say, you're more than welcome.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Cool, just checking.
Tom

Postby Tom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:26 pm

FAQ wrote:3) If a model is killed by an Ability or Action, which Crew counts as having made the kill? When a model is killed as the result of an Action, the Crew controlling the Action counts as having made the kill. If a model is killed by an Ability, the model with the Ability counts as having made the kill.

So that exploding Fire Gamin should have counted as one of Mike's guys killing one of mine and triggered a headhunter token.

You were probably thinking of:

FAQ wrote:2) If a model is killed by a Condition, which Crew counts as having made the kill? No model or Crew counts as having made the kill.
Tom

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Not bad for only game 2. I am sure there will be more missinterprated items.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Who needs official Austringer models with conversion skills like these?

Tom

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Sweet.

Just one of the benefits of owning the books, you have access to all of the cards!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:39 pm

Tom what ability action did you use on dashel at the end to move / push him as I have been reading again, sorry I can't help it. Looking at expanding crew henchmen / enforcer models with ability etc to move people around.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Issue Command from Lucius.

WHICH SHOULDN'T HAVE WORKED BECAUSE HE'S NOT A MINION!

Balls.

But then he should have had an extra head inside the barn to pick up, which means Lucius would have had an extra action to play with... Probably means that in the end we'd have both got our Search the Ruins VP and the score would have been closer?

Truly I am history's greatest monster.
Tom

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 pm

Wait, I know. Lucius doesn't pick up the head but instead walks again a bit closer to Dashel. Commanding Presence horrifies Dashel into walking closer (and I know I had the card in hand to pass that if I failed on the flip). As Lucius moved closer, Dashel is now close enough to be in his 'interact while engaged' aura and the rest plays out as before with me 1 headhunter VP down.

Maybe. Who knows. You were robbed.
Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Malifaux