Malifaux

Re: Malifaux

Postby Adam » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:00 pm

I forgot how fiddly the wyrd models are to assemble, but they do look amazing. Hopefully I will be down next week for a few games with Colette if they are painted, failing that it will be with my Gremlin's
Adam
Pumpkin-Patch Kid

Postby Ray » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:42 pm

I wish I knew. I still have no idea what most of the models look like since the website appears to have absolutely no pictures of painted models at all. I've actually spent time looking and I've yet to see anything that shows me the actual models, or where to start. Each faction has multiple starter boxes with no indication as to what would be a good choice. I don't know how many models I would need because the website does nothing to tell me. I don't know which models I like the look of because I haven't seen them. This is quite frankly ridiculous.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Any crew box is a good starter and contains enough models for a moderate size game.

The wik is a good source for info outside buying the books:

https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Choosing+a+Master

But I just went with the one I liked the look of best.

Painted figs can be googled easy enough.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Adam » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:32 pm

To see painted models your best bet is google images. However the renders on the boxes are what the finished models look like as long as you assemble them correctly (make sure you dry fit before gluing).

As it isn't a game of straight kill all the opponents models most of the crews work fairly well against each other and unless you play gremlins you will only need 3-4 models to get up to a 50ss crew (standard game size).

I would say with malifaux you can go with the rule of cool most of the time.
Adam
Pumpkin-Patch Kid

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Agree that they could show more painted models on their site. The forum has a hobby section which showcases some.

I found this useful for faction and master info:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/malifaux-factions/
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Ray » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:18 am

I think I finally figured it out. They should really do something about that website though because if I just came across it and didn't know anyone who played, I would probably have given up completely. Google images only kind of works because a lot of the pictures are of the old metal models so you have the added fun of figuring out if the models you are looking at still exist. Anyway, if I do join in with this then I will be picking up The Dreamer. I would probably want an intro game of some sort first though.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:19 pm

Cool. The Dreamer and his crew's stats are in the book I have so I'll try to keep it with me so you can have a flick through.
Tom

Postby Ray » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:33 am

Turns out I got paid more than expected this month by a bit more than the cost of the starter box, so I gave in and ordered one. Won't have it for at least a week though, so probably 3 weeks before it will be ready. In the mean time, I would be happy to play an intro game with someone else's models if anyone wants to show me how the game works.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:26 pm

Wong has also been calling to me, but three Wongs in one club might be a bit silly!

I think if I were to pick up a second Master my current inclination would be to Hamelin, but lots more Guild goodies to pick up for Lucius to play with before that would happen.
Tom

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:41 pm

Don't three Wongs make a right?

(Yeah, I know it doesn't work correctly - sue me ;) ).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

PreviousNext

Return to Malifaux