Announcing Third Edition

Re: Announcing Third Edition

Postby Tom » Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm

I think I'll hold back for the moment.

All the rules should be free online to check out, and the general upgrade deck and faction specific books aren't out until July.

Give it a try on the PDF and paper printed cards first, then if I'm convinced go all in on a July order.

Not seeing my boy Lucius on the release list through September yet either. Not sure if I'm going to need to rebuy his crew box for some of the new models.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Sun May 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Though reading one of their newsposts:

In order to consolidate SKU Counts, we had to move around some models across our boxes. For brand new M3E boxes, this does mean that some new models will be added. In instances where a consumer has already purchased a crew box and doesn’t want to buy it again just for a new model, they don’t need to worry. We’re making an effort to ensure that those concerns are alleviated, too.

For example, the Wong crew box is staying mostly the same from Second Edition to Third. However, we are adding one new model to that box: Alphonse LeBlanc. Players won’t need to buy the new Wong box just to get Alphonse, though.

For the first year, store owners will be able to work directly with their distributors to special order individual models, such as our Gremlin friend Alphonse LeBlanc.

We'll have more details on this process as we get closer to release.

So hopefully no repeat purchases required.
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 pm

According to the Website, release date is the 28th June -for the Core book and faction packs. Clearly, and according to the GenCon Newsletter, I have indeed being living under a rock for the last few months...

No date for the Ressers faction book yet :? Guild, Arcanists and Neverborn books released in July, Bayou and TT in August.

Anyone planning to get the core rulebook early doors?
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:55 pm

I’ll wait to see if they do the free digital rulebook and then play a few games with printed cards before I splash out. I’m sure it will play just as well as 2nd edition.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Dave wrote:I’ll wait to see if they do the free digital rulebook and then play a few games with printed cards before I splash out.

this is a joke, right? ;)
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:01 am

Tom

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:47 am

Core changes as I find them:

Pass tokens
Keep control hand round to round
Hand limit
Cheat initiative flip
Keep focus round to round
Fixed 5 turns
Charge action is very different
Disengaging attacks reduce movement by a flip rather than cancelling the move altogether
Paralysis is gone from the game!
Shooting into engagement is just a negative mod, no randomisation
Declare leader before list building rather than just faction
Tom

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:12 am

I’m assuming Lucius has new models incoming as his keyword faction is all of two models currently.

Dashel looks fun but also like he requires more investment in models to be summoned! Also no totem currently so I presume that's coming.
Last edited by Tom on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:28 pm

Red Joker is severe +1 now rather than severe +weak.

I’ve had a brief look through, I don’t think there’s anything that will cause us problems.

Pencil something in the diary for a practice game next month. Now to find my box of Malifaux stuff......
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Ray » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:42 pm

There's an article here with a lot of information about the upcoming release schedule.

I've downloaded all the new rules and will have a read at some point. I'm hoping this new version is slightly easier for me to get my head around after a full work day.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Malifaux