Announcing Third Edition

Re: Announcing Third Edition

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:48 am

Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:22 am

Have had a read through the rules and a look through the cards - this does indeed look much more streamlined and considerably less bloated than M2e, which is good. The only thing that felt overly complicated from a first read through, was the rules regarding Cover and Concealment. I'm hoping that when it's played it will be considerably more user friendly.

From my perspective, it looks like the Ressers don't need quite as many models ready to be summoned to be effective, which is a bonus. So much so that I've had a root around and dug out my Malifaux stuff, opened some boxes and actually assembled some more models ready to be painted. I've even acquired some new models to fit with the appropriate keywords... ...and bloody hell are they fiddly. But very glad I haven't gone for Yan Lo and his dodgy 4 part beard. I am a little concerned about the Nightmare Edition of Hamelin that actually puts a disclaimer on the side of the box along with the words 'Good Luck'! That said, that boxed set can wait for a while.

I've also received the TT M3e Faction Pack (for some models I had and want to bring to the table with a new Master now that Nico has been killed off... :x ) and I have to say, I'm impressed with the cards. I really like the size and clarity and there is a nice double-sided Rules Reference card in the pack as well that is a useful aide-memoire for actions, conditions and cover. Fantasy Flight has some Tarot Size Card Sleeves (orange header on the pack) that fit the cards perfectly and are a worthwhile investment. To that end, I have some spare cards for figures I'm either never going to use or will come with the new cards, so if there are any TT players that wish to split the cost of a faction pack, just let me know.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:05 pm

You managed to find somewhere that actually had some cards for sale, kudos!

I’ve read the rules and trawled the cards and am liking it too, I’ll certainly be picking up a few of the faction decks when they are available again.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Dave wrote:You managed to find somewhere that actually had some cards for sale, kudos!

I’ve read the rules and trawled the cards and am liking it too, I’ll certainly be picking up a few of the faction decks when they are available again.

I've also being picking up a couple of M2e packs quite cheap as clearly the new stuff is due in soon, so if I know I'm already going to get that particular faction deck, I'll have the cards.

I've got an order in with Element Games but it's now been delayed twice which is rather frustrating. If you're after cards and the core rulebook, try this place (when I last looked, they still had stock): https://entoyment.co.uk/miniatures-and-wargames/steampunk/malifaux-3rd-edition/getting-started-529770495
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby nobby » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:36 pm

the model shop in salisbury still has a load of 2e stuff. looks mainly ressers though so of no interest to me and mah gremlins (which I still have!)
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:36 am

Back in 1977 a certain Mr Loaf mentioned that 2 out of 3 ain't bad which may have been OK in the 70's, however in 2019 (IMHO) 2 out of 3 ain't good especially when you're missing a key component... ...no prizes for guessing correctly :roll:

20190718_111524.jpg

On a more realistic side, at least I've actually got some of the physical goods because unless you're a henchman, they seem to be like rocking-horse sh!t to find.

Clearly I've bought into this, so hope it plays as well as it reads. I've dug through the Malifaux box in the garage, thrown out a load of M2e stuff (cards etc) and opened up and assembled all the suitable Urami for Kirai. I'll probably hold off on mass painting until I've figured what works and what doesn't and then start the obligatory thread for painting progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Nice one. I’ve ordered some faction decks but nothing has arrived as yet and the site still says “new stock coming soon”.

I’ll use the rules pdf until I’ve played a few games but if happy with it will pick up the physical book.

Will need to get some cards in hand to motivate me to get in the attic and find my stuff though.
Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:38 pm

Bit the bullet and ordered the rulebook and the guild faction deck from that entoyment link you posted (they seem to be only people left with stuff.....)
Dave

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:50 pm

I failed to pick anything up at my local malifaux stockist on saturday. They had a couple of m2e boxes left but none of the new stuff. Guess I'll have to just use the pdf and print my own cards then.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:58 pm

Ray wrote:I failed to pick anything up at my local malifaux stockist on saturday. They had a couple of m2e boxes left but none of the new stuff. Guess I'll have to just use the pdf and print my own cards then.

You could use the WarVault facility if you fancy something more robust. They're linked on the M3e website and you can buy single cards at $0.50 each (printed to order). I was looking to use this when they release some the special edition cards (I'm aware they're available as PDFs on the Wyrd website) and when I've got around to actually building and painting the Crazy Cat Lady... ...the parts are sooooo tiny!

On a completely different Malifaux related point, I have just received one of the new game mats from Deepcut Studios with the new deployment zone markings... :)

I'm also considering putting in a GenCon order direct to Wyrd in the (probably horrendously misplaced) hope that I might actually be able to get some of the stuff (faction books for example) near to the release month rather than the farce we're currently seeing with UK suppliers. If anyone is interested in jumping in, let me know.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to Malifaux