I wish I'd known that before...

Re: I wish I'd known that before...

Postby Tom » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Not that I’ve been internetting anti-Toni advice…

Apparently Section 2 Q1 of the FAQ applies to Toni’s counter punch trigger. The damage flip should be getting positives/negatives as per the duel difference.

Also slight cheat on my part, the Doppelgänger isn’t a minion of course so shouldn’t have been getting the secondary benefit of the upgrade. Not sure what I was thinking.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Tom wrote:Last night’s Toni v Lucius was not too bad time-wise. Started 6ish. Done by 9:30.

I lost 7-8 but it was much more comfortably Dave’s win than the scoreline suggests. Toni managed to splatter Agent 46 on turn 2 before he had a single attack off! This left me lacking any punch and I only killed his three weakest models over the whole game while Toni battered my force off the table in short order.

The doppelgänger did some good work clearing the Symbols of Authority strat markers, and the Hunter I tried was good, but too expensive out of keyword I think.

I’m still at a loss as to how to deal with Toni. Need big guns or a really good tarpit I reckon.

Still a close game though and clearly you've done very well to only drop one point - pretty sure I'd wouldn't have been able to pull that off.

Having applied a little bit of thought to this prior to this recent game, I'm totally onside with getting a big gun or two - just need to make sure they hit before you get hit in HTH. With that in mind, how many stones is he normally bringing with Toni?

The other option is to by-pass the defensive trigger completely and utilise attacks that resist on something other than Df, ie Wp and Mv. But not sure if there is much out there that has a decent damage track attacking those stats though.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:56 am

Less I wish I’d known and more I wish I’d remembered… Brad, here’s a thought. You could draw a line on the sleeve in permanent marker between the last and second to last wound on the track of your Hard to Kill guys. Should be easy to remember then.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Tom wrote:Less I wish I’d known and more I wish I’d remembered… Brad, here’s a thought. You could draw a line on the sleeve in permanent marker between the last and second to last wound on the track of your Hard to Kill guys. Should be easy to remember then.

That's not a bad shout! I was replaying it over and I think i'd probably have scored at least one extra point on the schemes.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:03 pm

Charlie,

I goofed, Charge Action is once per Activation only.

Just so you know for your game next week.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Previous

Return to Malifaux