Announcing Third Edition

Re: Announcing Third Edition

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:31 am

Possibly, or maybe just the big reveal? Agree that it would make sense to have it for sale by then though.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:40 am

Very much still excited for it. Seeing paralysis is gone as a condition is nice. Missing a turn always sucked.
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Funny old thing, I quite liked dishing out paralysed :twisted: when I could actually get it off - sort off made the risk worth taking.

Interesting that they've picked up on Pass Tokens, so negating out-activation with a ton of cheap tar-pit models (Ressers and Gremlins). It will be interesting to see how they then balance this; reduction in cheap models/increase in power and ability?

Tom, like you, I'm very interested in how this will pan out and hope it will be good enough to re-spark my interest.

Given the leak and subsequent announcement, I think if it's not ready for sale GenCon, they'll have some big issues to deal with. Especially as I'd expect sales to significantly slow up with all of the inherent uncertainty around how the game will play and how Masters/Themes will be structured.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 pm

In case anyone hasn't being looking, Wyrd have released some more details of what is changing with M3E in Waldo's Weekly. Card Draw, Size and Height, LoS & Vantage points and what you can and can't do with Soulstones all appear in this first instalment. Just go to the site and click on Waldo's Weekly...
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:45 am

Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:58 pm

If you're interested in the keywords that will relate to your current collection, and hence who you can hire, a recent Waldo's Weekly has all the answers (with the usual beta caveat);

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2018/12/12/waldos-weekly-i-am-the-keyword-master

Glad I didn't get painting with vengeance earlier this year! That said, a useful starting point if you want to get ready for the M3E release.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:25 pm

All seems pretty much as expected with mine. Hard to judge much without knowing their new rules anyway, Maybe I'm despairing at having to pay a premium for my favourite Witchling Thralls, maybe their (or his) rules have changed so they're no longer such an ideal Lucius lackey.

Reading back a few articles, I'm liking Dashel's new master card. Getting to have some serious summoning fun! Actual rules for his axe! I can see me having fun with him.
Tom

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Looks like full open beta goes up this week. Probably not interested in playing until the final version but I'll certainly be having a nose through.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2019/1/7/m3e-open-beta
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Waldo's Weekly: M3E is due to be released early summer (I'm assuming 2019... 8-) ). There is also going to be a book per faction. Could be interesting (read pricey) if certain keywords cross multiple factions.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Goblingaming.co.uk have it all up for preorder
https://www.goblingaming.co.uk/pre-orders/malifaux/
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to Malifaux