'Pastor' Pio Pietersen and his Powerful Plasmancers

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

'Pastor' Pio Pietersen and his Powerful Plasmancers

Postby bennyowens » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:10 pm

A dumping ground for everything to do with my Van Saar gang, led by a man with a few loose wires and an unhealthy obsession with his plasma rifle...
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Re: 'Pastor' Pio Pietersen and his Powerful Plasmancers

Postby bennyowens » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:03 pm

Practice game 1 vs Dave's Cawdor

Used a pretty basic list just using the standard box. Leader with plasma gun, champion with plasma gun, champion with plasma pistol/laspistol, 4 x ganger with lasgun

The Good

- Plasma gun + fast shot on a 2+ BS champion is a wicked combo

- The lasgun's bonus to hit at short range makes shooting into combat a viable option

- 4+ saves on leader and champions is very nice

The Bad

- Only having 7 models vs 14 meant I got swamped with bodies pretty quickly, exacerbated by only having 4" movement. I didn't get to dictate where the battle was fought.

- Having zero combat ability meany I could get bogged down in combat with a juve that costs half my credits with no easy way to deal with them

The Ugly

- Having your most expensive model on 2+ BS, +2 to hit and ignoring cover modifiers is all lovely, but doesn't help if you keep rolling 1s!

--------

Definitely need to get at least one hoverboard dude in the mix to give me some mobility and prevent my list being a static gun line. Feels like its not really worth investing in close combat tools as they wouldn't be able to hit anything anyway.
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Re: 'Pastor' Pio Pietersen and his Powerful Plasmancers

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:18 pm

I've had a quick look and most scenarios seem to max out at 10 models so that should help a bit.

Van Saar juves with lasguns are pretty decent and might help squeeze in an 8th guy.

Not sure what you can do about HtH to be honest, champions with only 1 attack is tough.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Necromunda