Perpetual Campaign Rules Draft

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Perpetual Campaign Rules Draft

Postby Tom » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:33 pm

Here's what I have so far:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4Y ... sp=sharing

Not yet tackled scenarios, which is no small undertaking, but I hope this brings most of the campaign stuff together. Using Blood Bowl style one off inducements based on Gang Rating before the game, and using House Favours based on Rep as the catch up mechanic in the post game.

Let me know if you have any comments or see any omissions/glaring errors.
Last edited by Tom on Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Perpetual Campaign Rules Draft

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:04 am

Would it be worth rethinking if captives should be a thing at all? If the idea is to have a long running campaign people can drop in/out of, there is the risk of getting one of your gang members captured by someone who then doesn't play for weeks/months.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:19 pm

BEANOMUNDA!

I like it, I particularly like the Holdings stuff.

A minor observation, should Prospects count towards the 50%?

Was there a reason why Bounty Hunters lose their special rules when taken as an inducement? Just wondering.

I agree with Ray on captives for the most part, appreciating that you are yet to look at scenarios, you might have a guy who has been taken for ages (as the guy who captured him isn’t around) and when you do get to play you have to play that awful rescue scenario.

However I would like captives to remain in some form. Maybe just a straight up credit reward for the gang who captured someone (d3x10 would be simple or half of captured ganger’s value or something), paid for by the house higher ups and not the gang itself. EDIT 24/04 How about if you can’t pay then your House pays but you take a -1 Rep hit (humiliation of not being able to look after your own guys or some such) or you can pay yourself with no Rep loss.
Last edited by Dave on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Yeah, I'm unsure on captives. Doing away with them is the easiest, but you lose a bunch of stuff along with them such as a whole scenario, all the Bounty Hunter rules that make them a bit better value and fluffier, stuff to do with some territories/rackets/alliances etc. It's a tough one.

The Goliath Prospect counts toward the 50% in House of Chains so I presume all will.

Took away Bounty Hunter special rules as those are all about making some money back off them and them potentially sticking around for future fights. Both of which seemed a bit too good when you get them for a 'freebie'. I think that's the case in the inducements WD article as well.
Tom

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:50 pm

Yeah captives are tricky, there are a lot of books and a lot of interacting Rules at this point. I like what you’ve done so far though. Maybe go through the scenarios one by one, create a separate thread here for each scenario do bottom out each one in turn.

Prospects aren’t listed as part of the 50% atm.

I haven’t seen the WD inducement article but I get your reasoning for removing those bounty hunter rules now.

Keep going, you’re doing good work.

Cheers
Dave

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:58 pm

You could keep the rescue scenario by adding it to the regular table of scenarios and replacing the captured gang member with a generic person needing rescuing (maybe a friend or relative of the gang)?
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Prospects definitely do count to the 50% as they have the Gang Fighter rule which is what the 50% is based on now.
Tom

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:44 pm

I meant they’re not listed in your document.
Dave

Postby Tom » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Oh I see! Added.
Tom

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:36 pm

I’d like to propose some minor weapon changes:

Maul (club) - lose the +1 AP (with no bonuses to hit, strength or AP plus no traits it’s not really needed, removing it makes it a viable choice against the fighting knife and axe)

Two handed axe and hammer - make them versatile with a 1” L range. Either that or they lose the -1 to hit (I prefer versatile as it makes them a bit different).
Dave

Next

Return to Necromunda