Perpetual Campaign Rules Draft

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Perpetual Campaign Rules Draft

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:38 pm

Not touching the settlement stuff. I think that needs to be part of a structured campaign.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:50 am

Changed my mind again and put in XP for loot chests.

Should be updated at the same link as the OP. I think that's the base rules and campaign structure down. Just need to start to sort the scenarios, some needing a lot more work than others.

Feedback welcomed!
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:34 am

Thatā€™s some good stuff, all looks logical to me.

Under Petition Help thereā€™s a sentence that seems to stop half way through, itā€™s the last sentence of the section and reads ā€œIf a gang does not have any house agentsā€.

On to the scenarios, keep up the good work!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:02 am

Ah yes! Must finish that thought. As their niche seems to be explicitly acting as an underdog boost Iā€™ve kept the House Agents in as part of the balance mechanism but at a bargain price. As such it seemed quite unfair for the non-house gangs to have no equivalent at all. Probably a Bounty Hunter is quick and easiest.

On pause again as off with the family and didnā€™t quite have room for the mountain of books Iā€™d need for reference.
Tom

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:49 pm

I think I'm sold on giving an XP for seriously injuring someone.

If so do we still give an xp for a coup de grace? I reckon so, losing that would seem anti-fun.

If so do we give 2xp for a straight to out of action injury roll? I think you need to if giving CdG xp, as otherwise you get more xp for a melee attack that only seriously injures which doesn't seem right.

You could say that you don't get an xp for the free CdG after seriously inuring someone in melee, but that just puts you in the odd situation of incentivizing not taking the free CdG after melee to save it for extra xp next turn.
Tom

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:36 pm

What sold you on it?

Tend to agree with your comments, but do you give 2 Exp for a shooting attack that rolls an out of action injury? Iā€™d be happy not too (as melee could use the boost) but Iā€™d also be happy too (for continuity).
Dave

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 pm

Having no idea what you are referring to this may be totally irrelevant but how about,

Melee; mild=x, med=2x, bad=3x, severe=4x
Shoot; mild=0, med=x, bad=2x, severe=3x

I'm trying to say scale the melee a bit higher than shooting as you have to earn it up close and in their face like.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:07 pm

Dave wrote:What sold you on it?

Tend to agree with your comments, but do you give 2 Exp for a shooting attack that rolls an out of action injury? Iā€™d be happy not too (as melee could use the boost) but Iā€™d also be happy too (for continuity).

Remembering how slow xp gains are!

Yeah, 2xp for a skull on the shooting injury makes it consistent.

So looking at this currently:

1 - Took part in a battle.
3 - Roll an Out of Action result when wounding an enemy Leader, Champion or Brute.
2 - Roll an Out of Action result when wounding any other enemy.
2 - Roll a Serious Injury result when wounding an enemy Leader, Champion or Brute.
1 - Roll a Serious Injury result when wounding any other enemy.
1 - Taking an enemy fighter out with a Coup de Grace.
1 - Performing an Intrigue or House Plot related special action (once per game).
1 - Securing an ammo crate or unopened loot chest off the table.
1 - Opening a loot chest.
1 - Opening a locked door

Still rewards melee over shooting as after a Serious Injury roll you're much more likely to take them out of action with a CdG for the extra point.
Tom

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:50 pm

MoodyGit wrote:Having no idea what you are referring to this may be totally irrelevant but how about,

Melee; mild=x, med=2x, bad=3x, severe=4x
Shoot; mild=0, med=x, bad=2x, severe=3x

I'm trying to say scale the melee a bit higher than shooting as you have to earn it up close and in their face like.

Thatā€™s about right, although equalised the shooting and melee for simplicity/ease of book keeping.
Dave

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:53 pm

Tom wrote:
Dave wrote:What sold you on it?

Remembering how slow xp gains are!

Yeah, 2xp for a skull on the shooting injury makes it consistent.

So looking at this currently:

1 - Took part in a battle.
3 - Roll an Out of Action result when wounding an enemy Leader, Champion or Brute.
2 - Roll an Out of Action result when wounding any other enemy.
2 - Roll a Serious Injury result when wounding an enemy Leader, Champion or Brute.
1 - Roll a Serious Injury result when wounding any other enemy.
1 - Taking an enemy fighter out with a Coup de Grace.
1 - Performing an Intrigue or House Plot related special action (once per game).
1 - Securing an ammo crate or unopened loot chest off the table.
1 - Opening a loot chest.
1 - Opening a locked door

Still rewards melee over shooting as after a Serious Injury roll you're much more likely to take them out of action with a CdG for the extra point.

Looks reasonable to me. What about shooting a guy who is already seriously injured? Also rapid fire weapons, Iā€™d assume you only score Exp for the ā€œbestā€ result not for each injury dice rolled?
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda