Wasteland Questoris - aka Brad's learning curve

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Wasteland Questoris - aka Brad's learning curve

Postby Brad85 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:01 pm

Round 2 - hot and deep (in the tunnels)

Without Alphred to keep an eye on things the gang members that weren't stuck in recovery went to town with bad ideas.
Encountering the Goliath gang responsible for Alphred's lost eye in some tunnels all hell broke loose. Literally.
Thanks to the newly acquired Incendiary Grenades a lot of fire was thrown around.

Early possible shots at the Goliath leader were available, but a message needed delivering. Having seen what happened to Alphred, it was decided a Juve would 'have a word', just in case... The Klaw fired his gun in melee, but pulled the shot to not damage the leader.
Of course he promptly crapped himself when he saw that hammer looming over him..

With the message delivered, signed for and chucked in the bin like an unwanted takeaway menu from that dodgy Indian that gives you the squirts - you know the one - the Gangers started throwing bombs wildly. Making questionable use of the confined space to ensure misses won't stray too far. Keeth, being the mad lad he is, tied 3 grenades together and lobbed them through a door setting everything on fire.

Good times, good times.

A Juve was found and added to the crew and Alph decided a Doc would be a good idea. Finding Dr Coaxial (Dr Cox for short) to tag along when the lads are likely to blow themselves up again. Words were also had about them behaving like common Orks. Apparently the augmentation between Delaque stock and Adeptus Mechanicus Skiitari might not be fully compatible.

As Faia X'It was actually sensible and didn't end up in recovery he was awarded with a nice new Bolt Pistol.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:57 pm

:lol:

You were mega unlucky with that last grenade, everything that could go wrong did go wrong with that one!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Brad85 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:10 am

Very unDelaque behaviour from this crew :lol:

Looking forward to getting the damage 2 bolt pistol involved.. :twisted:
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Round 2 – Game 2 - Dude! Where's my crate?

With Alphred back in charge of the crew, the DelaqueMech gangers set off to explore some more newly opened tunnels. Apparently this area was under an old Synth Still, nothing to get too excited about but at least there was loot to taken.

Ni Kapper’s replacement Nooby was keen to prove himself to his new boss, and secured a crate straight after entering the tunnels. Alphred and Faia moved up to explore the deeper regions of the tunnels, while Del and Phish positioned themselves to cover the other obvious point of entry into the main part of the tunnels – encountering The Union of House Cawdor almost immediately. They tried their best to use suppressing fire to slow the opposing gang, but were lucky if they even managed to hit a wall, let alone anything that moved. Causing a mild irritation rather than injury.

Back in the main hub of the tunnels, Faia climbed through a ductway to find another crate while Nooby – trying to prove his worth further – jumped across a hole in the middle of the room to open the door ready for him, and move another crate.
None of them paying any mind to off shaped rat scurrying about.

Nooby grabbed his crate and made for the area that Del and Phish were meant to be holding, opting to not risk a fall by making the jump again and unaware that his fellow gang members were on the floor, surrounded by enemy Gangers. Nooby was knocked down, loosing his crate, and Alphred came round to support him.
Being a bit wiser he spotted that the bridge Nooby had jumped earlier actually had a part narrow enough to step over. Meaning that he could have got the crate out through a safer route, and not need helping out.
He would be sure to remember this for the future to save on his subordinates taking unnecessary risks going forward

Alphred aimed both his autogun and grav gun at the Cawdor leader, causing a wound with the autogun and going wide with the grav gun, almost taking out one his gang members.

With Cawdor Gangers filling the breach in the tunnels, and everyone except Alphred and Faia X'It out of action, Alph took one last ditch attempt to get another crate out.
He got promptly peppered with a shotgun.

Faia, knowing he wouldn't be getting another crate out, decided to take a shot at the Cawdor leader with his new Bolt Pistol.
He missed.

Through all of this the gang never actually lost their bottle, but Faia knew better than to hang about on his own and legged it anyway.

One crate secured, scoring 10 creds.
No one died, but 3 guys in recovery again - including Alphred.
The rat never did blow up.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Nice write up! You do seem to fail an inordinate amount of 50/50s!

Also it wasn’t until the end when we thought that opening the crates could be a good idea! And then rolling a 1 for the crate you did get pretty much summed it up!
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:58 am

Round 2 - Game 3 - The Grinch that stole ma loot, at Christmas. Then harpooned me in the face.

This was one of those games that could go epicly well, or epicly bad (like my spelling...)

One crew has pretty much had a Team B or Team 2 thing going, with half of them always out (no one deserves 1 or A). The result of this was 3 Delaque Gangers and a Juve facing off against 6 Orlocks and pair of Scum. Unfortunately for my Doc I was lucky enough for him to hanging about when the shooting started.

The boys were just minding their business, admiring their crates of loot when a bunch of Orlocks showed up. Keeth started proceedings by dropping an incendiary charge over the wall of the building he was on. Not quite getting it between everyone at the door, but setting one guy on fire. He was then shot with a combat shotgun and fell off the building. Somehow he came away from this unscathed, but was surrounded by a lot of enemies. Faia X'it tried to get some vengeance with his bolt pistol, pinning but not injuring the shotgunner.

The Orlocks continued to form up around the first building containing crates, with a scum finding his way up. Meanwhile Vlad and The Klaw tried to position themselves to take shots at the interlopers. Vlad lined up his flechette pistol, fired - on target - but was out of range to be of any use. Keeth was then shot in the stomach with an autogun.

Faia, aimed his hand flamer at 2 of the Orlocks perched on the edges of building and set them both alight, somehow neither of them fell off - even when running around on fire! No actual injuries were caused. The Doc heroically grabbed a crate a legged it away from the shooting.

Round 2's bottle test was failed, meaning cool checks all round. Everyone except Faia X'it passed their checks. Vlad took aim at an Orlock looming over Keeth, Keeth covered his head and waited for the soft 'pif' noise of Flechette toxin darts. Then felt something stab his hand. We woke up later to discover that his hand ow has limited use and Vlad shot him instead.
The Doc lost his cool. Vlad ran off. The Klaw was heavily ganged up on and took enough flesh wounds from gun shots to bleed out, he scored a bit high on the injury table, but the Doc saved him, albeit with a spinal injury.

The result was 2 out 4 crates stolen by the Orlocks, meaning Ray scored 20 of my credits from my stash (2 lots of D3x10).
All the Delaques were out of action - with the only kill shot being against a Delaque, by a Delaque.

I'm calling it a draw... :lol: But as all my guys were taken out and Ray nabbed 20 of my credits, Ray gets the territory.

There was no change to my gang rating and my wealth dropped by 10 - 20 taken by Ray and 10 gained back from my settlement.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:05 pm

Brad, if you still fancy that extravagant purchase, according to the book the 250 downtime creds are to be spent on new fighters or hangers on. So that includes the Ambot!

I think that means technically you can't buy any gear for existing fighters, just house list stuff for the new guys you recruit. But Dave may want to weigh in on that.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:06 am

I did spot that, but wasn't sure if there's a difference between Hanger On and Brute...?
Looking at 2 champs from the 250 and Spyker from the 210 I have normally.

However, maybe a Spyker and an Ambot... Hmmm..
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:18 am

I think go with the following:

Downtime injection of 250 creds must be spent now, any of the 250 not spent is lost.
Can be spent in new recruits and equipment from the house weapon lists only.
Can be spent on hangers on and brutes.
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:45 am

Well this is going to lead to a sorts of bad decisions now :twisted:
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda