Wasteland Questoris - aka Brad's learning curve

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Wasteland Questoris - aka Brad's learning curve

Postby Brad85 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:16 am

Going to use this thread to keep a log of my crew's progress.

Round One - popping the underhive cherry

Going to admit to mixed feelings about the gang's performance. They went down swinging and didn't do tooooo bad. The ratio of lasting injuries is nice and low and I can't blame the chaps for bad dice rolls :lol:
Obviously the death of my champ is a cloud over it all - RIP Scope K9 aka Scope Doggy Dog aka the Marksman of the Dog Pound

Initial thoughts are that favouring firepower over numbers might not have been the way to go.. :o
Playing with the costs I could have ran 2 champs, 7 gangers and Alphred if I limited my cost per weapon(s) to 30 creds each.
But that wouldn't change my presence on the table a great deal and I still could have had worse injuries. So swings and roundabouts.

After looking through the Advancement options, my Leader and 2 Juves (all have 7 xp each) are going to all get a +1BS.
This counters Alphred's injury and improves the Juves. As the plan was for a ranged focused crew - these guys have next to no melee options or skill - the improved shooting seems sensible.

On to Round 2!
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Re: Wasteland Questoris - aka Brad's learning curve

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:59 am

I think you did good, you just got really unlucky with a couple of key moments (one big one for me was your leader missing those two Orlocks with his grav gun when he had them dead to rights, they subsequently went on to take out 1-2 of your guys).

Also, and this tends to happen to me a lot too, you were in the fight quite comfortably (2-3 guys out of action, most of which you knew didn’t have any serious injuries) you had guys in good positions to act on the following turn so you decide to stay put, but then before you know it boom! That following turn goes to shit and you lose 4-5 guys! (One of which was an unlucky dead champion).

As to gang composition it’s all down to personal preference so I wouldn’t worry too much. Yes a second champion would be nice but that’s only been highlighted as a deficiency this time because you wanted to try and take a visit the doc action to try and save your champion but had no one to make the post game action (but you didn’t really have the money anyway but losing his equipment was a bummer I grant you).

Anyway, I hope it was fun despite that minor set back of the dead champ, I had a great time!

Cheers
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:16 am

Boys before toys (i.e. big guns) is the boring but sensible starting Necromunda advice mantra.

It was also an unusual scenario in terms of initial fighter placement. In a more standard set up you'll likely be better suited.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:07 am

Dave wrote:I think you did good, you just got really unlucky with a couple of key moments (one big one for me was your leader missing those two Orlocks with his grav gun when he had them dead to rights, they subsequently went on to take out 1-2 of your guys).

That's what he gets for showing up drunk :lol:

Dave wrote:Anyway, I hope it was fun despite that minor set back of the dead champ, I had a great time!

Oh yeah, definitely. A few set backs and iffy moments is what it's about.

Tom wrote:Boys before toys (i.e. big guns) is the boring but sensible starting Necromunda advice mantra.

I'll try that in subsequent campaigns - already working out what I want to bash next..

Tom wrote:It was also an unusual scenario in terms of initial fighter placement. In a more standard set up you'll likely be better suited.

Hopefully so, and once I get a long rifle back in the gang.. :twisted:
unless i remember i'm saving for a Doc
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 pm

Off the back of the roster update I've built another Ganger model up. Which was just a head and arm swap on the Spyker kitbash I had, figured it could come in useful to have a cheap Ganger to hand.
I've also rebuilt the Spyker using a bunch of other parts.

Going into Round 2 I'll only have 5 guys as 3 out of my remaining 8 are in recovery.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Quick question before I commit to my trading post decisions.

In the book it says
A Juve is limited to Pistols and Cc weapons, not worth more than 20 creds. This restriction lifts after the first advancement

Does this mean my surviving Juve that has +1BS can be given a special weapon now?
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:46 pm

I'm pretty sure it's just the 20 cred limit that goes.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:57 pm

Well that eliminates one idea I've had then.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Another question, can I take weapons from a fighter and put them in the stash? I'm getting mixed messages from the books
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Nope, once a fighter has a weapon the only way he's letting go is death or retirement. Wargear (grenades and everything else that is not a weapon) can be put in the stash, though technically only if being replaced with another bit of wargear.
Tom

Next

Return to Necromunda