New Campaign

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

New Campaign

Postby Dave » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Time to try and jack this up!

Some random late night internet searching led me to this thread http://www.40konline.com/index.php?PHPS ... c=215599.0

Having read some of it I think I’d like to have a crack at a map based campaign.

I’ve not got the finer points down yet but lots of ideas floating around.

I made a test tile, hopefully it’s obvious what it’s meant to be.....

In order to understand how many tiles I need to make I’d like to know who is interested, also so I know what House specific tiles I need to make some indication of what House you will be playing will be helpful.

Cheers.
Last edited by Dave on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: New Campaign

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:25 pm

Why not talk to Simon about the tiles from the walking dead campaign? He could probably print you up a load of blank ones and the coloured surrounds to make your job a lot easier.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Brad85 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:33 pm

I'd been interested and using Delaques
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:18 pm

I'm very interested in concept and would be in for anything you organised with Goliaths obvs.

But I'm also kinda sceptical we could manage anything like as involved a process as described in that thread without everything grinding to a halt for weeks at a time and then coming off the rails due to the required people not being available to play together before any more can happen. You'd need to try and keep it flexible.
Tom

Postby Dave » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:12 pm

Yeah agreed, that link was more the inspiration for the idea, it’s also worth a read as it’s quite amusing in places.

My ideas would be somewhat more simplistic (they appear to play several games a week in a single gaming session which is not what I’m looking at, I’m thinking 1-2 games a month).
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:56 am

Interested, but I think I'll have to pass, not being able to commit for one, and probably looking at Warcry and Kill Team.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Ray » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:46 am

Should have added than I'm interested. Would be playing Orlocks.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:53 pm

Darkson wrote:Interested, but I think I'll have to pass, not being able to commit for one, and probably looking at Warcry and Kill Team.

Fair dos. Did you pick up any of the new Enforcer models? I could work you in as an ad hoc encounter for the other players as and when you’re available/felt like a game.
Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:56 pm

Ray wrote:Why not talk to Simon about the tiles from the walking dead campaign? He could probably print you up a load of blank ones and the coloured surrounds to make your job a lot easier.

Where’s the fun in that?! :lol: joking aside, the map isn’t going to be very big at all, I am hoping I can bash out the tiles in no time without needing to bother Simon. Plus I’m just using offcuts of plasti card so no material costs.
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Dave wrote:
Darkson wrote:Interested, but I think I'll have to pass, not being able to commit for one, and probably looking at Warcry and Kill Team.

Fair dos. Did you pick up any of the new Enforcer models? I could work you in as an ad hoc encounter for the other players as and when you’re available/felt like a game.

I'm looking for an excuse to paint some Enforcers, so as a plan B I might have some loaner minis when this kicks off

That being said, I'm also thinking of finding out what a Warcry band looks like with guns too
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Next

Return to Necromunda