Before i start building my Delaques...?

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Before i start building my Delaques...?

Postby Brad85 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Is there anything campaign wise i need to take into account?
Do I need to take Juves? Is there any benefit to them except access to more bodies?

Do you guys use the gang member stat card things when playing campaigns? Or just a scribbled/excel/other list on paper?

What is the credits limit when building a gang? I saw 1000 in the dominion section, so do i just build towards that? Or just chuck models together and recruit what I can from the pool of miniatures I have to build a roster?
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Re: Before i start building my Delaques...?

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Having not actually looked at the delaque rules or the new books at all:

Juves are useful because they generally have +1M compared with the rest of the gang
You can get away without cards (I did last campaign) but it's a lot easier if you make some
Every campaign so far we have started with 1000
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:54 pm

I’m not sold on Juves.

Escher ones are passable as they have 4+ WS and are dirt cheap at 20 creds, with a stiletto knife they were hitting on 3+ and wounding quite reliably. With the changes to the knife (no longer plus one to hit) and the changes to toxin I don’t think I’d take them.

So what does that all mean for Delaque? I’d say they are worse than Escher juves and cost more so probably leave them at home. Your starting territory (settlement) has a chance of giving you free juves in the post game sequence and so I’d just rely on getting them for free and no great loss if you don’t.

1,000 creds to start.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:16 am

Stimm slugs becoming once per game has somewhat reduced the effectiveness of my favourite (only?) Juve tactic.

That said I’m not sure any of them ever lasted enough for a second hit.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Brad85 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:25 am

I think the Delaque juves are 25. Thanks guys, pretty much confirmed most of my thoughts and given a bit more clarity to things.
So far I've only skimmed the Delaque, hangers on and weapon profiles in the Gangs book. I've read more of the core rules book instead, and I get the 'simplified necromunda' description of Kill Team.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Return to Necromunda