Future Necromunda Gaming

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Future Necromunda Gaming

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:13 pm

With the upcoming new books and model releases my thoughts turn to the next Necromunda campaign.

With the potential for a club wide campaign, using a yet to be determined game system, due to start in the new year I’m thinking that a spring campaign could be on the cards.

I’m doing some forward planing and thinking of starting a new gang, in order to keep things interesting and diverse (as I imagine there won’t be much more than 4 of us again) I’d like to know what gangs you would take to any potential new campaign (acknowledging that you may well change your mind between now and then!).

This should give me time to build and paint said gang.

Cheers.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Future Necromunda Gaming

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:35 pm

I have orlocks painted and ready to go I’d probably use them. I want a break to play something else for a while first though.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:38 pm

Thanks.

Yeah a break is cool, I reckon March/April for a springtime campaign would work and allow me to have at least one painted model for any potential new gang! :lol:
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm looking at getting Necromunda now the rule book is available as separate item.
Will be getting the Delaque gang. Though I am trying to figure what a Venator(?) gang is. Seen it pop up online, but a bit lost.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:29 pm

The Venators are the bounty hunter gang, they have access to all sorts of different profiles and equipment and are the most customisable gang which in turn means that they are good if you just want to throw down some random 40k models.

The rules are in a White Dwarf but you can google them easily enough.
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:39 pm

I suspected that was the case. As most pics I found were orks or some other xenos race. I'll have a dig for the rules. But I think a house gang would be a better starting point.

Also, would one of the veterans be up for a demo game in the new year, pre campaign?
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 pm

I’d happily give you an intro game or two. We spoke last week but I think it’s worth restating that I really like the game and with the new books I think it will only get better.

Yeah house gang is the way to go I reckon, they expose you to more of the game’s campaign system as the Venators have different rules for territory, income collection and other stuff (and with the changes to the campaign system in the new rule books I’m not even sure how they would now play as they were written with the old rules in mind......)
Dave

Postby Tom » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:06 am

Reading the Book of Law, and pondering if it would be possible to tweak the campaign rules to some kind of perpetual free form thing rather than the round based system they currently use.

Something like a max of three territories/rackets (because of course they’d all be mixed in) plus 1 per 10 rep. Draw one random territory/racket to be at stake each game. The winner can take that territory, or if the winner has a lower gang rating than the loser they can instead steal one from the loser.

I also reckon the Intrigues/Sub-Plots (because again, mix them all in!) would make a good underdog catch up mechanic if the lower ranked gang got three but the higher ranked only got one seeing as they give extra rewards for ‘side quests’ during a game.
Tom

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:03 pm

I really like the new book, loads of content and plenty of mechanisms that can be utilised by the arbitrator for underdogs, like your suggestions.

I have been building some Van Saar lately so will likely use them for any upcoming campaign.
Dave

Return to Necromunda