Dominion Campaign House Rules

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Dominion Campaign House Rules

Postby Tom » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:22 pm

- Sentries/alarms as we've always played them.

- All tactics cards are drawn randomly, never chosen.

- All scenarios offer the player with the lower gang rating an extra tactics card per full 100 points difference. This always full gang rating, not just the fighters being used that game.

- Ignore any scenario rep rewards based on gang rating difference.

- Stray shots take cover from shooter to new target into account, hitting on 4+ if in the open, 5+ if in light cover and 6+ if in hard cover. If the target is prone and at long range then if they are in the open they are hit on a 5+ and if they are in any cover they cannot be hit.

- Template weapons are subject to target priority and must be placed touching the closest threat unless a cool check is passed.

- The versatile weapon trait is replaced as below:

Versatile
If the wielder of a Versatile weapon is not engaged they may make a shoot attack with it using the standard shooting rules but using WS instead of BS.
In addition if the wielder of a Versatile weapon ends a charge move not engaged but within weapon range of an enemy, they may make an immediate free shoot attack with it.

- Chainaxes do not have the parry trait.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Dominion Campaign House Rules

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Noted and agree.

Cheers
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Anything else I need to know before I write my gang up this evening? Just checking because I've been away a few weeks and don't have gang war 3 or 4 yet. I'll be playing cultists so using the latest pdf for that. Are the dominion campaign gang construction rules any different to what we have used so far?
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Same rules for construction. The only thing to be aware of is that you've got a roughly 1 in 3 chance of a free Juve after every battle thanks to your home territory so you may want to start with your Ganger ratio high to have room for them.

Though as cults don't have Juves and just get a free basic cultist instead, that's not an issue for you!

There are a few rules tweaks in GW3/GW4/the stealth errata that is the Gang Leader's Pack, but nothing major.

Buying advancements has changed so you only get the tax on second+ purchase of the same stat upgrade.

There is a more generous Hangers On table that now allows you to have one at 0 rep.
Tom

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Thanks

I guess that change to advancements will mean we now have to keep track of exact advancements rather than current stats since the stats may also have been affected by injuries.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Oh, and whilst some scenarios are still whole gang, the basic Stand Off is now limited to 10 models so maybe don't go crazy on the numbers hoping to mob people.
Tom

Postby Tom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Hmmm, template weapons raise their ugly head again. Technically they get to ignore the darkness rules entirely but obviously that's nonsense. But there may be technicalities with putting the template where it hits someone you can see, and just happens to be put off to one side so it also catches someone you can't. Should we say you can only centre the template on known targets when in the dark?
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:03 am

Agreed. Hole on the centre of the guy you can see, any splash that catches an unseen guy then fair enough but no placing the hole between two guys (unless you can see both of course).
Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 am

Not a house rule but a query. Upgrading my Leaderā€™s armour to Mesh, I put her ā€œfreeā€ flak Armour into the stash, I then give it to a juve. Do I add the flak (10) to the juve value?

I only ask as yaktribe hasnā€™t added it.

Cheers.
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:02 am

It now costs for gang rating purposes. 'Add' some stuff with cost and bin the free one.

My wealth has limped up to 1182. And I decided to screw buying a Juve and got some photo goggles for my Renderizer champion instead. No more crawling away in the dark!
Tom

Next

Return to Necromunda