Bored Musings on Necromunda House Rules

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Bored Musings on Necromunda House Rules

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Quite bored and so thoughts turn to potential Necromunda house rules/discussion. A lot of guff and me just brain dumping/trying to relieve the boredom for the most part.

First up is Reputation and how it is gained. Gaining massive amounts of Rep even after being soundly beaten seems odd to me. A few ideas here:

1) Change it to +1 Rep per full 200 of Gang Rating difference. The simplest solution.

2) Change the way Rep is accrued so that gangs gain the difference in their Rep level rather than their Gang Rating. Example; A Rep 1 gang fights a Rep 4 gang and so would gain +3 Rep.

3) Same as 2 but only applied if lower rated gang wins. Modify all scenarios to include the following Rep bonus for the gang that has the lower Rep: “The gang with the lowest Rep receives +1 Rep for having the temerity to show up”.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Bored Musings on Necromunda House Rules

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 pm

I think the idea of any bonus rep has been entirely abandoned with GW4 and the new scenario re-writes in the Gang Leader's pack.

I'm yet to find the solid details but it sounds like the Gang Leader's pack scenario updates are pretty substantial. Someone may need to take the plunge and buy it.
Tom

Re: Bored Musings on Necromunda House Rules

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 pm

From what little I’ve managed to find out about this pack it appears that they are bringing the rep rewards in the scenarios from GW1 inline with those in GW3, namely you don’t get the +1 rep per 100 gang rating difference but you get higher rep rewards for taking part/winning and you don’t lose any rep for bottling/losing.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Return to Necromunda