New Stuff

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: New Stuff

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:47 am

On a positive note the Open Hive War deck looks fun.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:10 am

I got what I was after. Just despairing of the general unnecessary ridiculousness of the situation. They're bits of card they must selling at massive markup on production cost. Just print more!
Tom

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:12 am

Indeed, it’s an odd business model.

What did you get then?
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Tom wrote:It is only one per order! I presume they just massively under produce them.

I can understand GW not wanting to sit around on lots of unsold stock, but they've now got plenty of experience in seeing cards for various games (BB, Necro, Warcry, probably others I don't follow) so it must be a deliberate decision not to increase print ones and/or do more runs, which as you say, seems to be a odd business model.
I also think in the long-run it hurts them, as players get annoyed and leave, or just decide not to (try!) to buy future sets - I know a long-running BB league has stopped the use of cards because half the players couldn't get them, so the other half stopped as they would have no use for them.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Ray » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:00 pm

It's put me off. I've not bought anything since the rerelease of the core rulebook and gangs book in hardback a couple of years back. Probably pick up the orlock book and new models whenever we are starting another campaign, but otherwise I'm ignoring the releases now. Having a currently in print ruleset where some of the rules are out of print is a stupid decision and they really need to do something about it, even if that is just to print all the card text in a book and sell that.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:17 pm

(We won't talk about the latest BB Spike magazine that has gone on pre-order today and will be of no use in ~3 months once the new rules drop. :roll: )
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:46 pm

Darkson wrote:(We won't talk about the latest BB Spike magazine that has gone on pre-order today and will be of no use in ~3 months once the new rules drop. :roll: )

If we're stealing posts, we have yet to talk about the shadespire loot boxes. One for work.

Sorry guys, you can have it back now.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:39 pm

I like the open war cards. Lots of scenarios about securing objectives and turn by turn scoring which I think will help massively to mitigate the issue that most other scenarios devolve into pure shoot outs.

Now to try and work out how to fit them into the campaign scenario table structure...

Something they half suggest in the zone mortal is deck is something I’ve been thinking about in having the gang specific tactics cards as a seperate deck to the neutrals. Especially as we have so very many neutrals now. Make it so 1 in 3 draws come from your house deck or something.
Tom

Postby Tom » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:44 am

HoB apparently has the usual grab bag of copy/paste errors. Power knife with power axe stats, conflicting rules on adding allies to your gang due to having both the old and new rules on different pages, Bolter with a 4+ ammo roll (copies from Enforcer list?)...

Nothing you can’t work out but still maddening that it keeps happening.
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:00 pm

Only flipped through but rules continuity issues aside, it’s another nice book with good background and the chem stuff looks like fun. Gives loads of extra ideas for a more narrative driven campaign.
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda