New Stuff

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: New Stuff

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:56 am

Tom wrote:Let me know before you do.

Iā€™m going to place an order this weekend I reckon, Iā€™m easily over the Ā£75 free delivery threshold but if you (or anyone else for that matter) want to add anything just let me know.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:56 am

Tom wrote:More new stuff all over:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ge-post-1/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ge-post-4/

If I was guessing at what the new Escher figures would be, zombies would probably not have featured on the list! I like the new Prospects with the bows.

The bow girls are pretty cool, I think the paint job on the undead things make them look a bit meh.
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:07 am

Having carted all my gaming stuff from the various nooks and crannies around the house into one central storage area in the new bedroom, I've come to the conclusion I should not be buying any more gaming stuff unless I have an immediate plan to use it! So go ahead without me for now.
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Now why did the upcoming rules in WD instantly make me think of Brad...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ge-post-3/

:D
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:26 pm

Tom wrote:Now why did the upcoming rules in WD instantly make me think of Brad...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ge-post-3/

:D

Oh my... I think I will need to look at this one.. :lol:
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Iā€™ve started pulling together a doc of my ideas for a roundless perpetual campaign that people/gangs can drop in and out of and can run purely on ad-hoc pick up games.

Anyway, whilst doing that Iā€™m also putting in a few gameplay house rules and wondered what you thought of the following action:

FIREFIGHTING (SIMPLE): The fighter attempts to put out the fires on an ally within 1ā€ and LoS to remove their Blaze condition. Roll a D6 adding 1 to the roll for each active friendly fighter within 1ā€ of the Blazing fighter and adding 2 to the roll if the Blazing fighter is Pinned or Seriously Injured. On a result of 6 or more the flames go out and the Blaze marker is removed. On a roll of a natural 1, the fire is not put out but instead the fighter taking this action gains the Blaze condition.

Basically Iā€™m a bit fed up with the random move before the test meaning itā€™s really difficult to get help with flames. I hope it's fairly balanced having both an action cost and a risk!

What do you reckon?
Tom

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:19 pm

I like it. However, as hilarious as someone catching on fire whilst trying to put out their friend would be I think itā€™s unnecessary. I think we are already looking at another modelā€™s whole Activation (or highly likely as chances are he will have to move to help) with no guarantee of success.

Iā€™m also interested in seeing the rest of your document, I have been mulling over something similar to try and pull together all the moving parts of the various books.
Dave

Postby Tom » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Maybe roll again on a 1 and set yourself on fire for the double?

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll share when Iā€™m done.
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:13 pm

Tom wrote:Basically Iā€™m a bit fed up with the random move before the test meaning itā€™s really difficult to get help with flames. I hope it's fairly balanced having both an action cost and a risk!

What do you reckon?

Could we house rule that the random move happens when you first receive Blaze, then ignore that bit afterwards and just worry about putting the fire out?

I'm sure in real life terms you'd only run around like a tit once and focus on putting yourself out. Rather than getting up and down constantly and flopping about like a flambƩed fish. And if you run away from friendly gangers you're at a detriment to deal with the fire.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Brad85 wrote:I'm sure in real life terms you'd only run around like a tit once and focus on putting yourself out. Rather than getting up and down constantly and flopping about like a flambƩed fish. And if you run away from friendly gangers you're at a detriment to deal with the fire.

You've obviously not watched enough fire safety videos!

Being on fire = panic = not always making the right decisions.

Make it some sort of test (Will?) to see if you act in a rational way, or whether you panic (I don't know the new stat lines, so no idea if there's a sensible stat to use).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda