Campaign House Rules

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Campaign House Rules

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:09 pm

Scenarios

All tactics cards are random draw, never chosen.

The player with the lower gang rating gets an extra tactics card for every full 100 points of gang rating difference.

When the battle ends due to only one side having no models left, the other side gets to claim any objectives left on the field if they have not bottled.
Looters - If the defenders all flee then the remaining caskets are assumed to be captured by the attackers.
Border Dispute - If one side flees then their relic is automatically defiled (but as no individual did it nobody gets the D3 xp).
Sabotage - If the defender flees then the objective is automatically destroyed (but nobody gets the additional individual xp for wounding/destroying it).
Rescue Mission - If the defender flees then the captive is automatically freed.

When the alarm is raised in a scenario with sentries, end the turn once the current attacker's activation (or activations in the case of a group activation) and any 'readied' sentry's activations are over.

Post Battle

The first skill that Leaders and Champions come with doesn't count as an advance for XP cost purposes.

Fighters who have missed a battle due to being in recovery have their recovery status cleared in step 1. Wrap Up of the post-battle sequence rather than step 5. Update Roster. This means they only miss one chance to make post-battle actions rather than two.

On the Ganger Advancement Table:
3-4 is +1 Wp or Int and adds 5 creds value.
8-9 is +1 WS or BS and adds 20 creds value.
Last edited by Tom on Wed May 30, 2018 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Campaign House Rules

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:10 pm

I think that's all we've been doing. Let me know if you think of any more or disagree with anything I've put!
Tom

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:55 am

The 1” free “push” move thing after a charge, although they have tried to clarify this they haven’t done a very good job of it.

That’s all I can think of for now.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:56 am

I was more thinking of things where we've changed rules, but agreed on interpretations of the unclear bits seems sensible as well!
Tom

Postby Dave » Thu May 17, 2018 12:15 pm

How does a -10 gang rating per injury the fighter has sound?

Something I disliked about the old version of the game, the perceived value of a guy to his/her gang based on experience and weapon load out, forgetting the fact he could quite possibly be movement 2" and have no left hand!
Dave

Postby Tom » Thu May 17, 2018 1:12 pm

I've got nothing against it, but I also don't see a great need for the extra paperwork.

I mean guys who are laid up missing the next fight still add to your rating.

If you want to keep your rating low then aggressive pruning of the weak is the way forward!
Tom

Postby Dave » Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Fair enough. Aggressive pruning it is!
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu May 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Not recosting models due to injury was a deliberate design choice, not just in Necromunda but also Blood Bowl and Mordheim, to encourage people to 'sack' models and keep gang/warband/team turnover, to manage your roster.

For example (using old Necromunda, as I don't know the new injury charts), let's say a -1 BS injury (eye) gave you a discount of 25 rating. If this was on your heavy then it's pretty much a death sentence, whereas if it fell on your. wS6 A4 close combat monster you don't mind, and pretty much get a discount for nothing.

Don't want a gimp? Cut 'em.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Dave » Thu May 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Sometimes it's nice to have a gimp around....

My thought process was that people are too quick to cut people and therefore no real "characters" (or stories if you prefer) are developed.

However, if creds are hard to come by (which I am not sure if they are), then that makes taking the "cut/don't cut" decision a little more interesting.

In my story driven mindset I will have to spin it as them being sat down and told they are being pensioned off or something (assuming they invested sufficiently and their forcasted growth predictions were accurate. But that's a whole other mini game!)

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed May 30, 2018 12:50 am

Updated.
Tom

Return to Necromunda